Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Making a difference..

This must be a little shocking, I'm also wondering why on earth am I blogging right now, on a Wednesday, right in the middle of the week. It's a habit for me to only blog during the weekends, either Saturday or Sunday, once a week! But I just felt like blogging now, just sat for my Math A test few hours ago, was especially stress for this test, don't know why, maybe I desperately want to improve. Next Thursday will be Math B test again, need to at least pass for that test!

Tomorrow will be the last day for my moral project, after the presentation, can finally put it all aside and totally forget about it. That is one small hurdle passed, sadly there are much more to come, especially the next week. If I can live through the next week, probably I should be okay for the rest of the course already, well, at least that's what I hope for... things can't get any worst right??

-----
Today while on the way to lunch, I was discussing with my friend about what MUFY actually is, and I suddenly came out with a really wild theory about the deep dark secret about MUFY.

The MUFY programme was actually created by the chairman of my college (I shall not want to name my actual College name here and let's call the chairman SC) to make more money!! Yes, it is actually all a huge scam to help the college to earn more money. You see, as they plan and create this programme, they decide to put in "Math B" as a killer subject. So they put the hardest and most un-imaginable mathematics inside this subject knowing that a normal college student in their foundation year will have tremendous amount of stress trying to cope with it. So those sad students who decides to take up this subject, or for those who are forced too if they want to enter engineering will have to go through this subject. Half way through, they start to learn mathematics which are so hard that their brains are about to pop out!! Causing them to experience extremely high amount of stress because it is nearly impossible to follow anything the lecturer is saying or teaching. So when the mid course examination comes around, they do so badly until they are encouraged to either drop the subject, drop the whole course or change to another course. So for those who do leave, they just "gave" RM8k+ to SC. For those dumb-er students who are more persistent, they decide to continue the course and thinking they are able to pass Math B in the finals paper, but unfortunately, they fail. Now they just gave away RM16k in total and getting nothing out of it!! AND, SC uses this extra money he earned to pay up those scholarship that those extraordinary students applied for! So now he doesn't have to lose any money for giving out all the "free" scholarship!!
Briliant idea!!!


Okay this is the most corniest story I ever heard myself, but somehow is quite believable!

Don't sue me!! I was just joking!!

-----
Making a difference
Here is a story from "Chicken Soup for the soul" that really touched me, and I really want to share it with everyone..

"A friend of ours was walking down a deserted Mexican beach at sunset. As he walked along, he began to see another man in the distance. As he grew nearer, he noticed that the local native kept leaning down, picking something up and throwing it out into the water. Time and again he kept hurling things out into the ocean.

As our friend approached even closer, he noticed that the man was picking up starfish that had been washed up on the beach and, one at a time, he was throwing them back into the water.

Our friend was puzzled. He approached the man and said, "Good evening, friend. I was wondering what you are doing."

"I'm throwing these starfish back into the ocean. You see, it's low tide right now and all of these starfish have been washed up onto the shore. If I don't throw them back into the sea, they'll die up here from lack of oxygen."

"I understand," my friend replied, "but there must be thousands of starfish on this beach. You can't possibly get to all of them. There are simply too many. And don't you realize this is probably happening on hundreds of beaches all up and down this coast? Can't you see that you can't possible make a difference?"

The local native smiled, bent down and picked up yet another starfish, and as he threw it back into the sea, he replied, "Made a difference to that one!""



I always say that I hope to make a difference one day. And this story really hit me. If I were that guy, probably I would ask the exact same question and I would also probably tell the same thing to the local native that he is not making any difference at all. Sometime we tend to forget about the smaller things in life, sometime we are too materialistic. The guy was probably thinking that what the local native is doing can't make any difference because there are way too much starfish, and throwing even a few hundred can't help resolve the problem and probably no one will even noticed what he (the local native) has done, so for him, the local native actions are pointless. But the local native is able to look through all that, look through what people think and actually noticed that even though what he is doing probably won't make any drastic changes, but at least he is able to do what he can for the last and next starfish which is washed ashore.

And this can apply to our Christian life as well. Sometimes when we hear or read passages or message that encouraged us to spread the Gospel to everyone, we will sometime tend to wonder (at least I do), "How on earth can I, just a single person in this world possible spread the message and make a difference to everyone?" I guess we've to stop looking at it this way, and like the local native, start looking in terms of one to one basis. If I spread the Gospel to one friend, I know I won't make a difference in the world, or probably won't make a difference in anyone elses life, but at least I know I could make a difference in that one friend, if he accepts Christ, well, I just save his life! And I that is what matter most! =)

0 Comments :

Post a Comment

<< Home