Thursday, June 01, 2006

Finally...a break...

Life, college life, work, whatever..
FINALLY!! I thought the day wouldn't come when I ACTUALLY have ANY break from MUFY!! I was almost dying there, thank God my break came in time, because if it didn't, I was about to go crazy and just run all over Sunway College pulling on my hair...ok that probably wouldn't happen to anyone, but you'll get what I mean.

Before I left college for my much-wanted 2 weeks break, it was my mid-course examination ANDDDD I wouldn't want to talk about it. I did badly, there's totally no hope of passing Physics. Imagine, failing one of my favourite subjects!! Don't blame me man, my Physics lecturer was nothing more then spectacular!! Yeah, spectacular in how BAD a lecturer can ever be.

Well, for the mean time, I really want to put that aside, put my college life aside, don't want to think about it throughout my 2 weeks break!! This 2 weeks break is seriously EXTREMELY rare, infact, is the only break I'll ever have throuhgout MUFY...really make me learn how to appreciate breaks and holidays now.


Well, but sad to tell you, since my break started, I haven't done anything which is fruitful, or in another words, I've not been using my break wisely. So far I've only been working, and if I'm not, I'll just sleep until noon. What a way to use my 2 weeks break right?? Maybe not, at least I did something today. What? Read the next section to find out...


-----------------------------------------------------------
Development on project JL's SGTi



That's my new add on for my SGTi, it wasn't in the list of things I'm planning to mod for my car in my earlier post, guess it was almost an last minute decision to install that in my car. Spent the last few days surfing through zerotohundred marketplace to see if anyone selling anything cheaply. Suddenly I came accross this guy selling Apexi SAFC for quite a reasonable price, after some thought, I decided to grab the oppurtunity to buy it...and is it worth it?? OH YES!!

So after I meet up with the guy selling it, went straight to KSP Power Sunway to install and tune it. At first I wasn't planning to do Dyno tune because dyno tuning is not cheap, but according to my foreman, if I don't tune it with Dyno then there's not much point, so, have to fork out more cash then planned.

So after installation of my Apexi SAFC and dyno tuning, here is the results of the dyno..

Yes!! 121.25 HP @ wheel!! Oh boy, I'm a really happy man!! Stock standard SGTi will produce about only 110 HP @ wheel. So that 114.26 HP was when I already install Apexi SAFC, but haven't tune and do settings yet. But after tuning according to the air-fuel graph, my car increased a whopping 7 HP!! That's ALOT for a NA car and what's more I'm using stock exhaust!! Even my foreman was shock after he tune the settings and run the dyno again! Ahaha. According to him, normally other SGTi he did only can increased 2 or 3 HP only, he say maybe my ECU is those few "lucky" batches. Ahaha.


So for those who don't know much about cars, you're wondering what is a SAFC? SAFC actually means Super Air Flow Converter. It is actually like a piggy back ECU, or another "computer" which let me adjust and fine tune how much air mixes with how much petrol at any RPM. Look at my dyno tune results, the last graph, that one is actually the air-fuel graph. For NA cars (Normally Aspirated), we try to keep the air-fuel mixture at 13, (12 for turbo cars). So, before tuning with SAFC, (the blue line), after about 5500RPM, the graph starts dropping below 13 already, and this is when my car will feel like it's choking, because it's mixture is not rich enough to burn, so my car will also lose power at the same time. But now with SAFC tuning (the red line), the air-fuel mixture will be consistently at 13, even all the way to 7000+ RPM! Now my car has a richer air and fuel to burn even at high throttle.

Here's some picsn of my car on the dyno chasis..



That's all for now, till next time, God Bless!

1 Comments :

At 8:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

H.A.T.E. = Happily Adapting To Evil

L.O.V.E. = Living by Overcoming Violent Emotion

Think about this Jeff! :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home