Thursday, May 18, 2006

Stress is the new word to describe MUFY students

College

Yes, indeed "Stress" is the new word to describe us MUFY student in Sunway College. Those lecturers in MUFY are pure saddist, they have totally no feelings for their students. With exam right around the corner, actually is just right next week, my mid course examination, I've totally no time to even start doing any revision on any of my subjects. And I've dug my own grave right at the beginning of the course by not working hard enough, especially on my math subject, and is impossible to score a destinction by next week, not even a miracle would save me, I just hope I'll do just well enough so I won't have to repeat this semester, or my dad would be really disappointed in me, and one semester of MUFY is not exactly cheap, infact, it is the most expensive pre-u programme.

This week has been a really hectic week. Probably the craziest since MUFY started, and I think it wasn't quite a good idea to choose to go to family camp last week, but don't get me wrong though, I really enjoyed myself up there, albeit I've to drive back down to KL everymorning to go to work and then drive back up again at night, more on that later on. So anyway, this week haven't been good at all, Monday I've my Physics test, which I did really badly in it (please note that ALL my test contribute 5% to the final examination score). Then my English Research was supposed to due on Wednesday, actually is more of just the draft, but our lecturer imposed a 2% penalty if we past up late! 2% for each day! And the research paper is only 10%!! So I've stayed awake half the night on Tuesday to finish it, and skipped the morning lectures to finish it up. But when I went to college to hand in my draft, guess what, my beloved teacher rejected my draft. All that effort and I still lost 2%, and why? Simply because I didn't print out all the webpages that I've refered too even though I've already state all the website that I've refered on the bibliography page. Unbelievable. Then on Thursday, which is actually today, in about 14 hours time, I've a English argumentative essay test to do. 600 words in 50 minutes. Not THAT bad right, yeah right, wait till you try it then you tell me whether is bad or not. I really can't wait for the week to be over, really need a break... so looking forward to the 2 weeks break in 2 weeks time.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Family camp

Moving on, I want to blog about my trip up to Gohtong Jaya. It is actually my Church's family camp. It's been a long time since I last went to a family camp, so I decided to go this year, at the same time surprising and making someone happy, even though I've a project to finish in someone's house. So how did the camp go? Well, I was actually only there half of the time, because every morning I've to drive back down to KL and go to work, and after work drive back up. So in total, I made 6 trips to and from Gohtong Jaya. But I actually didn't mind, cause I really enjoy driving, and driving my Satria GTi up and down those steep and windy road is really fun and exhilariting. But the first night, which is on Thursday night, it didn't go as well, almost got into a what could be a major accident. In the first place that day didn't even begin well. Here's the story..

At first the plan was to skip my last class at 3.30p.m. so I would be able to go up to Gohtong Jaya at around 1p.m.. But when I reach college, my friend said: "Oi Jeff, so prepared for Math A test??". I stared blankly at him, "Math A test? What the?!?! OH MY GOODNESS!!". I totally forgotten that I have a test on that day, and to my horror, is at 4.30p.m.. So I've no choice but to stay back till then and only go up at night. So after the test, walked out of the hall to only find out is really pouring heavily outside, that means I took almost an hour to get back home. After that, when I finally want to leave for Gohtong Jaya, went to Shell station to pump petrol, then the next best thing happened. My car couldn't start!! My stupid car battery died on me, and it choses the best time! But thank God, after about 15 minutes, I guess the battery have enough charged and it started up again, and I went to change my car battery, and I became 200 bucks poorer before I can finally start my journey up to camp.

On the way to the foothill of Genting Highlands, the highway that I used was jam. At certain stretch it was really bumper to bumper jam. But it was highly expected since it was the beginning of a long weekend, and also it just poured heavily. After about 45 minutes, finally I reach Genting foothill, and this is when my worst ever experienced on the road since I started driving in form 4 occured.

As you know, Genting highway is pitch black at night, even though with 2 pairs of Philips 4350K headlights illuminating to road really nicely for me, but because the road was just repaved, It totally slipped my mind that the road was actually wet! On one of the turning half way up to Gohtong Jaya, the road was first climbing uphill, then it goes downhill for about 50 meters before it then curve a sharp almost-90 degree right turn back uphill again. And without knowing, I was actually coming down that hill at almost 80km/h, and only when I was about to go into the apex of that turn where I noticed I was way too fast to take that turning, and it was too late to brake hard as the chaces of my front tire locking up and skiding out of control it too high. So I just applied my brake as much as I could and took the turn. At first, the nose of my car turned, but to my horror, my back was still going straight, thanks to the beauty of inersia. After what seems to be an eternity, my tail of my car only gave way and turned together, but it turned like a whip, swingging my whole tail of my car way too far beyond my control, generating skids sounds which are even too frightening for me. And at that moment I knew I was going into a spin. Reflects make me jamed on my brakes and whip my steering to extreme left to hopefully counter the spin. At this point, I really experienced those kind of feelings you see in shows where those people are just about to die. But thank God, after what seems to be forever. My car stopped, perpendicular to the straight road. I really thank God there wasn't any cars at that time, or it would turn really ugly. And another amazing thing, I didn't hit anything, I didn't touched any of the deviders, and it was only a 2 lane road.

That was a really really bad experienced. Bad experienced, but I wasn't really scared. But on the other hand, it is also a good experienced for me, so that IF I ever have to go though it again, I'll know what to do to save myself. And this also teach me not to be too over-confident of my car, and to drive slowly from now on. And I truly believe that God was with me throughout the whole thing. I guess He had to show it to me the hard way for me to learn...

-----------------------------------------------------------
But anyway, camp was indeed fun even though I could only enjoy it at night...I'll let the picture do the talking..


Introducing... The guys room..




Ben Lee, fearing Gohtong Jaya isn't cold enough for him, he made sure it won't be that way


Yes that's the ice box..


The piece of paper on the door says it all..


Sexy Eric..


Tilt your head to see this, and focus on the hair, it's worth it!


Eugene Mak


Eugene Mak...again


Ben Yueee in the morning..


Ben Tay..aka.."Uber man!!"


Yes, they're playing Dota..


Watching Joga Bonito..


Block A and B of Mawar Apartments, looks so majestic..


View from our window..


Night view..


Night view..

-----------------------------------------------------------
Update on SGTi


Evo Twin Pots brake set

Finally after waiting almost 1 month for it, my Evo Twin Pots finally arrived and installed in my car. So what is Evo Twin pots about? It is actually twin pots brake calipers for Evo3 cars. What is twin pots? It actually means twin pistons. The brake calipers uses 2 pistons to apply force on the brake pads on to my break disc. This will improve breaking especially during high speed. And is it good? Yes it is!! Is worth the money, braking improved tremendously! Recommend people who's driving SGTi to get it, and if you have the extra budget, getting slotted rotors/brake disc to pair with it will be much better.



Clifford Matrix RSX 3.5 2 way alarm system

Finally have the budget to install a proper alarm system in my car. After the incident where 2 indians tried to steal my back bumper and also hearing story about people's SGTi getting stolen so frequently around my area nowadays, I decided to hold back my plan of getting my Steg amp and JL subwoofer and fixed up my alarm system first, after all, if I have no more car how to continue modding?? This is actually the highest end of Clifford G4 range of alarm. Was interested in the brand new G5 wireless immobilizer technology but it doesn't come with 2 way remote, and the price is much more expensive. Anyway this set comes with a 2 way remote, remote engine start, immobilizers and a few nice features. I added on a few more features and some of them are tilt sensors, so that if people try to tow my car or jack my car up to steal my tires, my alarm will trigger, and my remote will tell me. Another feature is I also added the remote trunk opener, so I can open my boot by just pressing a button now.

Next I will probably mod my exhaust system or if I have the money, and also patience, I'll save for my amp and subwoofer.


That's all for now, spent 2 hours blogging this, till next time, enjoy every second of your life, as you can never ever get it back. So do the things you want to do, do the things your heart says it's right, don't hesitate anymore, as life is too short to waste any more time, and you wouldn't want to regret next time on something you wished you've done in the past...live everyday as though it is your last, and it will truly be a beautiful life...

3 Comments :

At 9:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

did anyone see my bunch of keys before you left the gohtong apartment? =( i couldn't find it.

 
At 3:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

my green buggie piwwow!!

 
At 9:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Youre actually better off in MUFY compared to AUSMAT or SAM. MUFy, the tutors actually care for you guys with dedication... while when you come to university life, everything is done by yourself... Ponder about it....
BTW, you should try... MASS COM cum Information technology.... I can see talent...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home