Monday, March 13, 2006

Ms. Green Gayle's B'day...

Haven't been blogging for awhile, been so busy with so many things, actually I can't really recall why have I been so busy. But anyway, I was contemplating just a few minutes ago whether I should update my blog, then Henry kacau-ed me to update, so, I'm here typing this right now!

So highlights of my life since I last blog. Finally managed to fix in sound system for my baby!! Oh yeah, Alpine CDA-9853 paired together with Alpine Type-X SPX177R 6.5" component speaker.


If you're wondering why I never get an amp and a subwoofer, well, this 2 alone already blew my budget by double! So, at first I was prepared to be disappointed, cause I know how important an amp is for car audio, no amp = sucky sound quality (SQ). But after waiting a agonizing 5 hours for my car to be ready, went back to the car audio shop (CV Audio, Uptown, Same row as Brothers. Find for Peter Chong, that place is good!!) and see my baby sitting there with my keys on top and saw the beautiful Head Unit (HU) in place. So, I and Henry got into my car, started the engine, remove some lala CD the workers put in, and switch on "Alicia Keys - If I ain't got you"...and then....whoah...I and Henry was instantly blown away by the SQ! The piano sounds soooo natural (Yee Meng, if you think my Edifier is good, wait till you hear this!!), and the vocals, wohoo!! Impossible to explain it here!!

The highs from the Component speaker tweeter is simply amazing, it isn't too sharp and the frequency curved really nicely, making everything, vocals, acoustic instrument sound so crystal clear, almost as though it is right infront of you. And the midrange woofer, it is made out of Wood pulp, and it really blends well with the tweeters! Helping it to "warm" the sound abit, electric guitars from "I don't need no doctor" by John Scofield and John mayor was utterly too real! Then listened to "Twenty-four" by Switchfoot, for the first time, I actually can HEAR that there is some effects mixed to the voice to give it that "wet, echo-ish" sound. Then listen to "Gravity and I got a woman" by John Mayor, the snare sound is insanely nice man! The beauty of the midrange woofer really shines for this song. Sound so much different then the Edifier bookshelfs. Overall, the speakers is really really worth the money. Again, don't even need an amp if pair with good HU!! Then pop in the new Jamie Cullum - Catching Tales album, wow!! Screw my computer speakers (Edifier)!! They suck so badly now..ahaha.

BUT, tried playing some R&B music with my system, played Black Eyed Peas, and was really disappointed here. Because of the lack of Subwoofer in my system, something is really missing, at least the vocals of the super hot black eyed peas girl is there sounding better then ever! Then next, trying to be adventurous, tried to play DHT - Listen to your heart, again, no bass, sounded too weird. Techno without thumping bass...ahaha. But nevermind, still loving it! But when I can get a nice amp (hopefully Steg) and the 12" JL 12w7 sub, then it is really complete!! Ok, enough for my craze for nice sounding audio system for my car, still can't challenge those rich freaks which have Focal Utopia Berillium...friggin RM13.8k for 1 pair of speakers!


Anyway, today after Church, we went over to Gayle Yeoh's house to have lunch with her, her birthday was on the 11th of March, so HAPPY BIRTHDAY GAYLE!! Ok anyway, after spending almost an hour deciding where to eat, finally decided on Chili's Bangsar. Nice food, tasty lamb shoulder, wonderful friends, bottomless soft drinks = greatest lunch + thousands of calories!


Parking Chili's. Customers only. Other car will be crushed and melted...riiiigghhhtt!


The girls..


Me and birthday girl..


This little girl was amazed at how Vern Chui laughs..


Gayle was getting too bored waiting for the food to come, nice pic though..

That's all for now, anticipating my SPM result in probably less then 12 hours time, I can imagine Puan Daljit saying : "Jeffrey, here is your results, please sign here"..wohoo, I'll probably run back into my car, crank up Jamie Cullum and only open up my result slip.

Before I go, I feel i MUST put this pic here again..


Guys, girls, NO PANKING please!

1 Comments :

At 7:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

excuse meee....!!!!
the lil gurl LURVESSSSSS me kayyy...
she's not amazed by the way i larffff.
u r juz jeslous she din kacau u...
*hmmph*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home