Saturday, March 04, 2006

My new work place..

Yes, I've just started work again after I've just finished my job with Benjamin's dad. This time, Benjamin and I will also be installing CCTV AGAIN, yes, AGAIN!! But this time, it is for my father's factory.

My dad factory is huge, as in, humoungous! 8 acres of land wasted on manufacturing pipes! Man, the Raw materials store is so big that I think there's even enough space right now to play futsal in it! The office area is also as big, and empty! You can see it in the pics below.

So anyway, after having a meeting with my dad's partner and all his senior electrician, we finally decided on the positions of the camera and wiring works. And guess what, I made a rough estimate on how long of RG-59 (CCTV cables) cables we need, and it came out to a total of about 2.3KM!!! That's quite crazy!! I need 2.3KM worth of cables just for 12 cameras! Thank goodness my dad's electrician will be pulling the cables for us!

So, only next week our realy job really starts, here is some pics of my dad's factory..


Main entrance of Beta Network Sdn. Bhd. ..


RAW material store...Ben was suggesting we can play futsal in here..


On the far right, is where they feed the raw materials. Raw materials will be sucked up to the fourth floor, mix with what my dad claims to be his "secret formula", then pump into four - 5 stories silo outside, before pumping back in to the smaller silo on the left and then only pump into the machine that will produce the pipes..


This is the machine that will produce the pipes. The RAW material in powder form, will be feed to a "Hopper" (those mini silo on the bridge), then will come down to a heater before melting everything, then force it throught a mould, then through a cooler, then to a laser printer (the printer is darn cool!) and then finally to a cutter. The whole machine is 180 feet long!


The cooler section..the one which looks like a long torpedo, left and right..


This is the laser printer! The printer is actually floating about 2-3 inch above the pipes. But somehow when the pipe move past, the printer almost "magically" print those letters out from thin air. Really tempted to put my finger there though..


The rest of the factory:






You wouldn't want to mess around in this area. If you drop inside to the machine on the far right (can't really be seen in this pic), you'll "somehow" turn into powder!






Yes, this is the office! So much empty space! Acually there is a number of staff behind the green panel la, got another bigger space on the right..


A random pic..

0 Comments :

Post a Comment

<< Home