Thursday, February 23, 2006

With determination.. and prayer.. it will help you to achieve your goal..

8.03p.m., is the time when I finally finished instaling the last camera, and set up the computer and arranging the cameras properly for Uncle Ritchie. And, it was SO satisfying! Finally, after almost a month, no more cobwebs, no more plaster ceilings, no more dust, no more drilling, no more nailing! Wohoo! After all the hard work, well, but when I see my work high up there, feel very satisfied and proud of myself. Seriously, honestly, when I started doing, I didn't know whether I can even finish it or not, or do a proper job, but now after almost a month, and thanks to Benjamin's patients and help, is all done! It will even be more satisfying when I recieve my pay cheque!

Talking about determination and prayers, on my last post, I said that Ben and I was determined to finish up our job by today, even if we have to OT till 10p.m.. But things wasn't so easy for us today. Here are the challenges:

First challenge:
The minute we came to work, we found out that the fork lift that we always used was spoiled. The whole front wheel came off. Wow, was very disappointed at first. Because we're only left with 1 fork lift, and that fork lift is always in use by the workers. No fork lift = can't do work. But anyway it somehow work out well, and we manage to use the fork lift after all, during their lunch break n after their work (hence the OT till 8p.m.).

Second challenge:
Well, that was one of the problem, second problem was, when we are about to mount the camera, Uncle Ritchie came and suggest that the newest/last camera should be mount on the roof of his factory!! WHOAH!! That's like 2 and a half story high! But, luckily also, our normal fork lift spoiled and with the other better fork lift, I was manage to reach it and mount it, even though I was almost shaking of fear (phobia of heights laaa).

Third challenge:
So far everything went well even though a little set back. Then suddenly when we were putting all the 16 CCTV cables nicely in a casing in Uncle Ritchie office, when we connected it back, we noticed the 1 of the camera was pitch black!! Wah, panic, did a test, and at that time, we discovered that it wasn't the cable, but the DVR card to connect the CCTV to the computer was spoiled! Wah lao, Ben and I was damn panicked. So i try to play with all the settings, but no results. Try to unplug, nudge it and whatever, still no result! Still pitch dark! (at this point of time was super frustrated already), then Ben suggest we try to restart the whole com and see, our last resort, and while restarting, we were praying desperately for it to work (yes very desperate, I was not interested in finding the guy who sold me the card), and when the com finally started up, WOHOO!! It works!! Uncle Paul asked last week did emergency prayers work?? Well, IT DOES!!

Fourth challenge:
Well, it gets even better! When we finally finish everything and about to go home. Well, to cut it short, we somehow manage to get stuck in the conference room! And, because of how they do the locks on the doors, all the door knobs, their locks were facing outside!! And even though we have ALL they keys, but the keys to the door were non existent. I don't blame them, cause since they can open from outside. BUT, we were inside now! Panicked again. But thankfully, (by the way everything is pitch dark, thank goodness I carry my torch everywhere!) there is a fire escape! So we have to walk BAREFOOT out from the fire excape, down to the factory, through the laboratory (this is freaky, it was dark, and when I'm finding the keys for this door, I got abit lazy and lean against the door, it suddenly creaked open!), and out to the compound, and then enter all over again to the office to off everything!

What a long and interesting day..at work..ahahaa. Well, at least we reached our target! With determination, and prayer!

P.S.: Prayers do work people!!

2 Comments :

At 2:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad you finally completed your work..it's great that you filled your free time with something useful.Just make sure you don't blow your first paycheck away rashly,plan and spend wisely =p

 
At 2:48 PM, Blogger debra fong said...

woooh.you've got a blog.akakaka: )
why the sudden interest?teehee*: D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home