Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Things I hope to achieve/do before God decides to take me back...

I was about to settle myself into dreamland when I started thinking about life. Sometimes I get really afraid about death, I know and I believe that when my time is up, I'll be up there with God in peace, and I know that it will be great!! But there are times when I really wonder how will it be like when we finally die. How would we feel? Do we feel the same like as though we're going to sleep, and then from there on what will happened and how will it happened? Will we know that we actually die??

Sometimes I get really scared, if we fall asleep, then we find out half way that it's time to go, to leave earth, what about all the things that I wish to do in life that I've no chance to do it yet? What about all the people I love? The friends that I love? I'm most afraid that if I have to leave suddenly, I have no chance to say goodbye to everyone, no chance to tell everyone how much each and everyone meant to me, and how they've impacted and change my life in some way or another.

Life is really short, I'm aware of that, and I know that. It may only be a temporary place, a temporary home for us, as our real home will be in heaven with God. But that's what make it all the more special and important, I will only be allowed to be on earth once, and I really want to make the best out of it. That's why sometimes I really don't understand why we must spend 1 quarter of our life, or even more being in school or colleges or universities drowning ourselves in books and studies. How about the life outside? There is so much more important things to do outside, like spreading God's word.

While I was in First Baptist Church, even though I only attended one day of the mission conference, I was impacted by the speaker. There are so many people, so many different tribes out there that didn't get the chance to listen to God words. When I put myself in their shoes, I really wonder what are they thinking, what are they holding on too? Is like this people doesn't have any backbone, nothing to lean on. I can imagine, if they were to think of death, I believe they would be really afraid, because they don't know the good news, that we actually can have eternal life by believing in God. And it really saddens me that so many people do not know God. I really cannot understand how they live their life...

I really feel I take my life for granted, wasting every day away, and not doing anything that is pleasing to God, or doing anything that will benefit other people. And what's worst with this is, I'm also taking God for granted, I'm taking the life He has given my for granted. I really wish I could change the way I'm living my life...so I would be able to appreciate every second I have on this earth, and when the time finally comes when I have to leave, I can think back and say proudly that I've live a meaningful life....


Here is a compilation of the things I hope to achieve and do before I die..
For God
1) Live a life that will make God proud.
2) Spread God's words to as much people as possible.
3) Go on a mission trip to a place where is totally out of my comfort zone for at least a year.
4) Read finish the entire Bible
5) Go on a "Faith trip"
6) Serve on board Doulos
7) Make a difference in people life's.
8) Get married with her on a snow capped mountain in New Zealand.
9) Teach my children to fear God.
10) Bungee jump from Millau Viaduct (the world's highest bridge @ 280m)
11) Be a sound engineer for a concert of more then 2000 people.
12) Get a Masters certificate in computer engineering.
13) Get a certificate in Sound engineering and recording
14) Modify my Satria GTi to reach 1000 WHP and win Sepang's drag battle.
15) Finish my collection of SureFire torchlights.
16) Earn enough one day to hopefully own the best Home stereo system and also car audio system.
17) Go back to Melbourne, Australia and visit Sovereign Farm again and drive out to the highest peak and camp there and appreciate God's creation at night.
18) And finally, to live a life worth remembering...

4 Comments :

At 8:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

since you said all what you said, i want you to read this.

And behold! God will say: "O Jesus the son of Mary! Did you say unto men, worship me and my mother as gods in derogation of God?" He will say: "Glory to You! never could I say what I had no right (to say). Had I said such a thing, You would indeed have known it. You know what is in my heart, though I know not what is in Yours. For You know in full all that is hidden. "Never said I to them aught except what You did command me to say, to wit, 'worship God, my Lord and your Lord'; and I was a witness over them whilst I dwelt amongst them; when You did take me up You wast the Watcher over them, and You are a witness to all things. "If You do punish them, they are Your servant: If You do forgive them, You are the Exalted in power, the Wise." God will say: "This is a day on which the truthful will profit from their truth: theirs are gardens, with rivers flowing beneath,- their eternal Home: God well-pleased with them, and they with God. That is the great salvation, (the fulfilment of all desires). To God doth belong the dominion of the heavens and the earth, and all that is therein, and it is He Who hath power over all things. (Holy Qur'an 5:116-120)

O People of the Book! Commit no excesses in your religion: Nor say of God aught but the truth. Christ Jesus the son of Mary was (no more than) an apostle of God, and His Word, which He bestowed on Mary, and a spirit proceeding from Him: so believe in God and His apostles. Say not "Trinity" : desist: it will be better for you: for God is one God. Glory be to Him: (far exalted is He) above having a son. To Him belong all things in the heavens and on earth. And enough is God as a Disposer of affairs. (Holy Qur'an 4:171)

... and God knows best.

 
At 11:43 AM, Blogger yeemeng said...

Um, I think it's wisest to be very careful of what we read. I'm really excited about this, so please let me apologize for the long post ahead, hope it isn't too much of a bore.

Let's have a read at what Jesus did say?

(quote)
Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. If you really knew me, you would know my Father as well. From now on, you do know him and have seen him."

Phillip said, "Lord, show us the Father and that will be enough for us."

Jesus answered: "Don't you know me, Phillip, even after I have been among you such a long time? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, 'Show us the Father'? Don't you believe that I am in the Father, and that the Father is in me? The words I say to you are not just my own. Rather, it is the Father, living in me, who is doing his work. Believe me when I say that I am in the Father and the Father is in me; or at least believe on the evidence of the miracles themselves." John 14:6-11
(unquote)

I guess we can assume that John and the Quran can't both be correct! In John, Jesus claims that He is in fact one with the Father.

--

But can we rely on the New Testament?

1.

The Jewish Old Testament contains at least 48 prophecies that point towards the coming of Jesus. It's interesting to note that the probability for just 8 of these prophecies being fulfilled is "one chance in one hundred million billion!" A statistical analysis by mathematician Peter W. Stoner computed that the probability of fulfilling forty-eight prophecies was "one chance in a trillion, trillion, trillion, trillion, trillion, trillion, trillion, trillion, trillion, trillion, trillion, trillion, trillion!"

Even if you can't be convinced of the authenticity of the Old Testament (which I know for a fact that multitudes of scholars are), these statistics are absolutely staggering! How can mankind conjure something like this without the inspiration of God?

(Quoted from 'The Case for Christ' by Lee Strobel, an objective view of Christianity by a renowned journalist.)

2.

It's also interesting to note from Strobel that portions of the New Testament (1 Corinthians 15, in particular) are recognised to have been written as early about as early as AD 32-35, only a few years after Jesus' crucifixion at around AD 30! The sayings of Muhammad in the Quran on the other hand, was not recorded until AD 767, more than a full century after his death in 632.

The creed from 1 Corinthians 15 summarizes the entire gospel a few verses. No confusion whatsoever, that "Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures, and that he appeared to Peter, and then to the Twelve. After that, he appeared to more than five hundred of the brothers at the same time, most of whom are still living, though some have fallen asleep. Then he appeared to James, then to all the apostles."

This passage, being written a few years after Jesus' death, with some witnesses still alive, just couldn't have been tarnished by mythology or falsification. It just doesn't make sense.

--

Without trying to offend any Muslims, please understand we're just saying that Christianity isn't purely blind faith. With so many facts to back up the New Testament, it's difficult for us not to believe! I'm just saying, if the Gospels are to be trusted, than Christ Jesus the son of Mary is much more than an apostle of God.

Reading has led me to more critically examine my faith, I hope it does the same for you, whichever religion you are from.

--

P.S. Indeed God knows best! Perhaps it's good to consider that what we want isn't necessarily what God intends for our good.. "But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness" (Matthew 6:33), I guess that's what really makes God proud, and makes a difference in other people's lives.

 
At 8:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We believe in God, and the revelation given to us, and to Abraham, Isma'il, Isaac, Jacob, and the Tribes, and that given to Moses and Jesus, and that given to (all) prophets from their Lord: We make no difference between one and another of them: And we bow to God (in Islam).

In blasphemy indeed are those that say that God is Christ the son of Mary. Say: "Who then has the least power against God, if His will were to destroy Christ the son of Mary, his mother, and all every - one that is on the earth? For to God belongs the dominion of the heavens and the earth, and all that is between. He creates what He pleases. For God has power over all things." (Both) the Jews and the Christians say: "We are sons of God, and his beloved." Say: "Why then does He punish you for your sins? Nay, you are but men,- of the men he has created: He forgives whom He pleases, and He punishes whom He pleases: and to God belongs the dominion of the heavens and the earth, and all that is between: and unto Him is the final goal (of all)" O People of the Book! Now has come unto you, making (things) clear unto you, Our Messenger, after the break in (the series of) our apostles, lest ye should say: "There came unto us no bringer of glad tidings and no warner (from evil)": But now has come unto you a bringer of glad tidings and a warner (from evil). And God has power over all things. (Holy Qur'an 5:17-19)

Christ the son of Mary was no more than a messenger; many were the messengers that passed away before him. His mother was a woman of truth. They had both to eat their (daily) food. See how God do make His signs clear to them; yet see in what ways they are deluded away from the truth! (Holy Qur'an 5:75)

Truth stands out clear from Falsehood. But most of them hate the Truth.

... and God knows best.


ps: "The sayings of Muhammad in the Quran on the other hand, was not recorded until AD 767, more than a full century after his death in 632." <-- the Holy Qur'an is not the sayings of Muhammad (pbuh). It was not recorded a century after his death. The sayings of prophet Muhammad (pbuh) is called Hadeeth, and the verses in the Qur'an are the very words of God; not the sayings of Muhammad (pbuh).. and God knows best.

 
At 3:04 AM, Blogger yeemeng said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home