Wednesday, June 07, 2006

What's your love language?

Just came back from Mid Year YF camp, ask me how was it? Well, food wasn't that all great, lodging also wansn't great, weather is also nothing to shout about, but what I learnt (and probably everyone else) from the message was something else!

This is actually the first mid year YF camp I've been too, never had a change to go when I was younger because mid year camp always clashes with exams. So anyway, this camp supposed to be a bonding camp, hence the camp name "BOND, Just BOND!!" (If you think is weird, keep it to yourself!). Well, I'm not trying to be picky, nor trying to sound like a spoilt brat or anywhere near it, but I really can't help commenting a few things about the camp. Not trying to say the camp committee did a bad job, don't get me wrong, infact I think the committee did a great job considering their age.

First off, the camp site was at Dusun Eco, slightly further down from the exit to Bukit Tinggi resort. The drive into Dusun Eco wasn't forgiving at all, unpaved and narrow roads, for awhile I thought I was in some off road expedition, thank God I drove my dad's Harrier. When we finally reached some paved roads, the road was the steepest I've ever seen or driven in my life!! Weather there wasn't great too. At first Ben Tay told us to bring jacket, as it will be colder then Gohtong Jaya. Well, in the day time, the weather is as hot, or maybe even hotter then KL. But when night falls, it is even colder then Genting or Camerons!! Is actually amazing how the temperature can change from so hot to so cold! A really ideal type of weather if you want to get sick! But even though during the day time the weather is hotter then KL, it isn't the same for the water, or shower. It is something like a public bath, and of course there is no water heater, and the water is as cold as your normal cup of "Ais Kosong" even in the day time!! So imagine, after playing sports in the really hot weather and you're sweating all over, and then you walk into the shower with crazy cold water....I'll let you imagine how it feels....

Ok enough of the complaining, overall, I've to say I enjoyed myself at camp, especially Uncle Paul's message, "The 5 language of Love". It was a GOOD message! It seems everyone of us have different language of love, there are "Words of affirmation", "Acts of Service", "Quality Time", "Physical Touch" and "Receiving Gifts". On the first message, Uncle Paul let us do a test to find out roughly what is our love language. So what is this love language business about? Simple. Let's say your primary love language is "Words of affirmation", means you're the type of person that like others to give you words of affirmation when you do something, or just encouraged you and so on. Every person have a different primary love language. And more often, some people have more then 1 as their primary love language. It is a very interesting message, something that will help you to love someone else.

For me, even though my primary love language in the test shows that I'm a "Acts of service" and "receiving gifts" type of person, and "physical touch" being the lowest, honestly, I think the test is rather inaccurate for me. Honestly I like and appreciate all. For "Acts of service", if someone offered to do something for me, or to help me in anything, I'll really appreciate what that person is doing, no matter how small or big the thing is. For "Words of affirmation", who wouldn't like being encouraged when he or she do something?? I know I'll also really appreciate it. For "quality time", I would really love to go and spend quality time together with my friends and love ones, nothing could be better (that's why I like mamak sessions la). For "Physical touch", things like hugs or pats on your back, I find it quite hard to believe that there are people who doesn't like hugs (like Uncle Paul), who doesn't like hugs anyway?? I believe most people do, and you'll really feel loved when someone give you a nice warm hug, I know I do. Last but not least, for "receiving gifts", wouldn't you like it if your friends who went overseas for holiday and comes back with a present for you? Even though how small it is, it still will mean alot as it is the thought that count, and I'm a person who will also appreciate gifts, just that sometimes when I recieve too much, I don't know where to keep them. So for those who keep on asking me in camp what are my main love language and so on, here it is to clear your any questions you have, like I said, I'll like anything at all, all of this I will really appreciate it.


That's all I want to blog about camp, it is already getting late and I'm starting to get quite lazy. So here are a few pics from camp. Oh and by the way, I took a total of 1108 pictures in just 2 and a half days in camp!! And here a few of it...



Camp Photo


Bryan's green octopus, unbelievably cute! (The octopus, not JF :D)


Mr. Octopus again. If you're having un-pure thoughts, for goodness sake, is a soft toy!


Campers boarding the bus, with Ben trying to be in the photo..


Kesian Ben abit la...let him pose abit..


One of the pics that I love most taken in camp..


Bathing time..


Wormie!!


The "Chalet" we stayed in..


Look closely enough, there are 2 heart shapes on the butterfly..


Our very own popeye..


Another butterfly, also with heart shapes on it..


And another one..


Another pic taken from camp that I love..


And another pic taken from camp that I love..


That's MY love..doing some obstacle course..


There she is again..


Largest cocroach I've ever seen in my life! It legs got broken off..


Mr. Octopus again!!


Esther's "Drugs"..


Right leg: "Kick me" ; Left leg: "Please"


Kit recieved a really nice manicure...


Presenting...Kit!


I don't know..I just like this pic..


Someone acting cute..


Again..


Too bored I guess..




Announcement to SSGC YFers and campers:
Like the pics you see? This is only barely 2% of the total of pictures in the Photo CD!! There will be more then 900 pics in the Photo CD!! Each CD will be sold for only RM5!! RM5 for more then 900 pics!! What better deal can you get?? If you want a copy, please let me know (you know how to find me), or E-mail me at jefflim65@gmail.com or approach me during YF time OR YOU CAN ALSO CAN LEAVE A MESSAGE IN THE COMMENT PLACE BELOW WITH YOUR NAME !!!

FOR EVERY CD YOU BUY, RM5 WILL BE GIVEN TO THE YEAR END YF CAMP FUND TO HELP MAKE A BETTER CAMP!!!

p.s. : Don't expect anything fancy for the photo disc, it will just look like any other blank CD with my "beautiful" hand writing on it. I can't afford (in terms of both time and money) to buy and print proper CD labels for everyone. =)

6 Comments :

At 1:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i wan wan wan....mine must be special...since mine is 1st comment...muahahahaha

 
At 5:11 PM, Blogger yeemeng said...

i heard about this languages of love thing over dinner one night, most people tend to have 1 or 2 main ones, but i think the point is to work towards appreciating and using all 5. looks like you got a head start!

 
At 1:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

aiseh.....for me...can special sikit la....:P

 
At 7:03 PM, Blogger Jeffrey Lim said...

Bry: Hmm...I shall pray about it first yea?? ;p
Yeem: Muahaha..I have a head start...I'm so proud..wakakkaa. Ok on the serious note, I think I actually believe there are more people who appreciate all 5 instead of just 1 or 2...

 
At 12:09 AM, Blogger yeemeng said...

appreciating and using muh =) yep you're probably not alone heheh

 
At 10:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

appreciate me pls do..but not use me..!grrr!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home