Saturday, August 11, 2007

A stroll through memory lane.

Can't sleep again, and I've been reading through all my older post on blogspot since I first started blogging (in Blogspot) back in February 2006. And, wow, time sure really flies. I barely noticed that it is already the 3rd quarter of year 2007. Lately been doing alot of reflection on my life, am I getting too old for my age?

Reading my older post really refresh my memory on how my life was back in 2006. I was in Sunway College doing MUFY, I remembered I hated it, and I still hate it till now. But then again, I guess it was still fun. I know life was certainly much better for me back in 2006, much, happier (hate to admit it)! Although most of the time I keep bitching about college life, but at least my life, at least those parts that matters most was there, and that's what made it good.

Since I've been working whole of this year, I'm not saying that work is affecting me, affecting my overall life, my happiness. Is just, something else. Is those things that matters most, it's not around this year anymore, not around to keep me sane, to help me smile and pick me up when I fall into the deepest and darkest possible hole in life.

Most nights I come home and just force myself to find more work to do. Just to find ANY possible things to do to fill up my time, and my mind. Or if there is mamak or movie plans late at night, then it is a bonus. As long as I don't get anytime to relax and spend some alone time with myself, then it's good enough for me, cause there are seriously TOO much things going on in my mind that if I stop to think about it longer than a few seconds, I'm definitely going to break down. And this is where my work plays an important role, ironicly, work is currently the only thing keeping me sane.


Anyway, the (past) post which trigger me to spill all these out now is this one..Posted back in October 8, 2006, entitled "A few things I've Learnt".

Reading that post, it seems that I've learnt so many things already in that year and I thought I would be smart enough to repeat the same mistakes again. But, oh well, it's life.
Anyway, here are some of the things I posted in that old post that really struck me and would like to remind myself again..


2) Many times when we think that no one else will be better then us in the things we do best, well, there will always be someone else out there better than us.

3) I've learnt, the hard way, that life move on and doesn't pause even for a second to wait for you, so is either you "stay put" and rot, or pick yourself up and move on, continue in life.

6) I've learnt, again the very hard way, that no one can keep true to their promises, even promises made by people whom we think love us most.

10) I realise, to achieve success, you must go through pain and suffering first.

11) I've learnt, that falling in love might be the most beautiful experience, but will also be the most painful experience ever in our lifes.

12) I've realise that, not all the time, it is better to give than to recieve. Because in reality, many people will take you for granted if you're too kind.

22) I realise that people always leave, especially people that we love most.

23) I realise that life will never turn out to be what we always hoped for, because it is reality, not a dream.


24) I've learnt that the phrase: "The grass will always be greener on the other side" is actually trying to say that man will never be contended with what they have. One may spend their whole life trying to get to the other side of the fence, and when they finally get over, they'll start thinking, "I think the grass on the other side IS actually greener!", and this is evident for all of us.

and lastly

27) I've learnt that, all people need most of the time is a second chance. Even a lame can run again, IF he gives himself a second chance.


So it seems I was already aware of all this since last year, and somehow along the way, I must've totally forget about all this "I've learnt".

Now I hope I'll remember No. 3 everyday when I wake up and try to apply it.


Bryan drew me

-----
Some old, but still beautiful quotes from OTH I found from my older post.

"Life is funny sometimes, can push pretty hard. Like when you fall in love with someone and they forget to love you back. Like when your best friend and your boyfriend/girlfriend leave you alone. Like when you pull the trigger and light the flame and can never take it back. If you look close enough, you'll find hope. And the words of children, and the bars of the song, and in the eye of someone you love, and if you're lucky, I mean if you're the luckiest person on this entire planet, the person you love decides to love you back... "

and

Henry James once wrote : "Be not afraid to live, believe that life is worth living, and your belief will help create the fact!"

0 Comments :

Post a Comment

<< Home