Friday, January 19, 2007

No Black Tie, KL

Tagged along with Yee Meng to No Black Tie (KL, not HCC Cameron) yesterday to watch Az Samad and Shelley Leong, and also Yee Meng himself performed. All of them were great, Az Samad has a cool guitar playing style on his even cooler acoustic guitar that has 2 line-out jacks (and also full of scratches!)! It seems there's 2 different type of pick-ups in his guitar, a mic and another normal guitar pick up, which gives a very interesting sound.

Anyway I went there to actually play around with my new f/1.8 lens, and of course to also support Yeem and enjoy some nice local, non metal/rock music.

BTW, I LOVE my lens although I'm only just starting to get used to it. Don't have to rely on ISO 1600 anymore in dark places!

-----

My favourite picture, Mr. Frankenstein twin brother??


He tried to tell a joke while Jon settle his ass..err..I mean chair problem, but no one laugh..sad.




If u're wondering why everything is so yellow-ish. It is caused their spot lights are yellow, and the brownish/yellowish wood panelling around also helps even more!






Godesh, the bassist that played with Yee Meng.


His bass guitar has a little pet companion for those lonely trip in the guitar casing..


Jon, the drummer that played for Yee Meng.


Shelley Leong on piano.


Az Samad tuning his guitar.










This harmonica playing dood is darn cool!




f/1.8 goodness!


Love this lamp


This is Albert, very interesting photographer with a very interesting website. Does even more interesting experiments with photography and lenses. (He modded a Fujifilm Q1 digital camera with interchangeable SLR lenses!)

2 Comments :

At 9:03 AM, Blogger yeemeng said...

cleverlah now you ownself cannot wake up for breakfast

hahahahahaha

 
At 5:51 PM, Blogger Jeffrey Lim said...

Hmm..never thought of that. But is very troublesome for me to process pictures in RAW format. My Adobe Photoshop CS can't seem to open RAW pics from my camera. Any idea why? I can only process my RAW pictures with the software that came with my Nikon camera, which is really quite useless. But I myself like the yellowish tint although I know some don't..like that sort of warmth that it projects, but probably abit too orange already ;p.

Anyway thanks for your advice, alot and alot more to learn..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home