Monday, December 18, 2006

No time for Christmas?

It has been awhile since I last updated my blog, simply because I'm just too busy. It just hit me yesterday that Christmas is just next Monday, is only right around the corner and I've totally no time to even think about it, at least until Yesterday.

Since I came back from camp, I've been slaving myself everyday over all the camp photos, filtering, editting and resizing every single one of it, only finally finished all up yesterday. And that is only for the Photo CD. Now I'm currently doing another batch for the camp blog, uploading pics now to Eric's ftp site (Thanks Eric for letting me use your webspace + bandiwidth) as I'm typing this out.

*Oh great..server timeout..hallelujah..have to re-upload all again!!

Anyway, other than being busy with the camp photo, have been very busy with Church caroling events too. I am totally not looking forward for this Friday till Sunday caroling in 1 Utama and Palace Of The Golden Horses. This is just a rough idea on what I'll be doing. Friday (22nd Dec), go to Church early, pack up equipments, load equipments into our cars, go to 1 Utama early, unload equipments, carry equipments to stage, set up equipments, sound check. When caroling is over, pack up equipments, load back into our cars, go back to SSGC, unload equipments. And I've to repeat this for Saturday for our caroling in Palace of the Golden Horses and also Sunday for caroling in 1 Utama again. Honestly really not looking forward for the caroling in Palace of the Golden Horses, as we will be performing twice, in 2 different areas in the Hotel, means I've to set up, sound check, tear down...move equipments to another place..set up, sound check and tear down again all in a short period of time, and everyone knows I'm bad when it comes to controlling my stress level, and it will get worst especially when I've to rush. So please pray for me.

For those who doesn't know what kind of equipments I'm talking about..this is roughly what I've to bring and set up for all the caroling events. A Mackie 14 channel mid format or 24 channel large format mixer, Peavey 8 point amp, Peavey 6 point amp, stage monitor speaker, PA speakers for Front of House, a 100 Watts Marshall electric amp which weigh around 10-15kg, a Ibanez bass amp which is around 5-10kg, guitars, keyboard, full drum set, a whole lot of mic cables, instrument cables, speaker cables, power cables, extension cords, stands, etc etc...

So yes, is very stressful and tiring just to pack up, set up, sound check and tear down one event, usually takes me an hour to pack up..almost 2 hours to set up and sound check and almost another 2 hour to tear down, that is not including taking everything back to Church and setting up everything nicely back in Church.

What a busy Christmas this year, at least from today till Thursday I'm quite free, but still, can't find the time for Christmas shopping and etc...

Is this how you should prepare for Christmas??

0 Comments :

Post a Comment

<< Home