Sunday, October 08, 2006

A few Things I've Learnt

I've only been alive for just slightly over 18 years, 18 years and 2 months plus to be more exact. Since I've done that tag created by Henry, asking us to write down something memorable for each year in our life, I've begin to reflect more on my life, of who I've been, and who I've become now. Sad to say, I'm really disappointed for who I am today, I've change so much until I don't really know who I am anymore. But for the past few years, I've been through many different difficulties and adversities, and I've come to realize a few things I thought otherwised when I was younger.

1) I come to learn that no one is perfect, even ourselves.

2) Many times when we think that no one else will be better then us in the things we do best, well, there will always be someone else out there better than us.

3) I've learnt, the hard way, that life move on and doesn't pause even for a second to wait for you, so is either you "stay put" and rot, or pick yourself up and move on, continue in life.

4) I've learnt that even the person who love us most will disappoint you when you least expect it.

5) I've also learn that we will disappoint the person we love most in our life when they least expect it.

6) I've learnt, again the very hard way, that no one can keep true to their promises, even promises made by people whom we think love us most.

7) I've learnt to try to avoid making any promises, especially to people we love, as we're not perfect and we will struggle to keep that promise and probably break that promise one day.

8) I realise that Christians are not perfect people, and that many Christians are infact, hypocrites.

9) I've learnt that in every Church, to a certain extend, has it's own inner political issues, and that is what make many Churches fall.

10) I realise, to achieve success, you must go through pain and suffering first.

11) I've learnt, that falling in love might be the most beautiful experience, but will also be the most painful experience ever in our lifes.

12) I've realise that, not all the time, it is better to give than to recieve. Because in reality, many people will take you for granted if you're too kind.

13) I've learnt, through very painful experiences, that when people use the word "Forver" in a r'ship like "I'll love you forever" or "I'll wait for you forever", well, it is just most probably a spur of the moment thing and they'll never actually keep true to it.

14) I've learnt that, many times, the most beautiful thing you see may not be the same on the inside.

15) I've learnt, never to judge someone before getting to know them deeper.

16) I've learnt that when we reach a crossroad in our life, we tend to rely on our own strength, and our ownselves to help us find our way, instead of relying on God. And that's when we will end up choosing the wrong road.

17) I realise that the choices we make when we are met with a crossroad, will effect who and what we are later in the future.

18) I realise that everyone needs a road map, not only a real physical one to get us around KL (thanks Markus), but also God's road map for us in our life.

19) I've learnt that, what most people think to be the most "Incompatible" couples will end up being the most compatible at the end.

20) I've learnt, that it is harder to hate than to love.

21) I've also learnt that it is much harder to hate someone whom you used to love than loving someone whom you used to hate.

22) I realise that people always leave, especially people that we love most.

23) I realise that life will never turn out to be what we always hoped for, because it is reality, not a dream.

24) I've learnt that the phrase: "The grass will always be greener on the other side" is actually trying to say that man will never be contended with what they have. One may spend their whole life trying to get to the other side of the fence, and when they finally get over, they'll start thinking, "I think the grass on the other side IS actually greener!", and this is evident for all of us.

25) I've learnt to appreciate every second of my life I have, as I know God has the power to call me home anytime as He wishes.

26) I've realise how short life really is, time is flying by so fast, and before you know it, you'll be breathing your last breathe, hoping and asking God to give you a lil bit more time.

27) I've learnt that, all people need most of the time is a second chance. Even a lame can run again, IF he gives himself a second chance.

0 Comments :

Post a Comment

<< Home