Tuesday, September 05, 2006

A tribute to "Crocodile Hunter", Steve Irwin

I remember the first documentary about animals I watch when I was much younger was the very famous "Crocodile Hunter", and I actually enjoyed watching the show, mainly because Steve Irwin is really fun to watch and doesn't bore you, and also really admire his love for all the animals out there, even the ugliest, most dangerous creature won't stop him to go near it and say: "Isn't she a beauty??"

What inspire me most about him is he is able to see pass the outer layer of everything, to see pass the skin or the layer of "mask" and see everything as something beautiful. Who would actually think that a monstrous looking crocodile can be beautiful? Hell I would run 10 miles away if I were to see a crocodile 1 meter away!!, and would never even think of it as a "beautiful creature".

When I saw the header on CNN.com "Crocodile Hunter' Steve Irwin dead", I couldn't believe it. Probably one of the only animal documentary I actually watch, and he is gone now. His death is so ironic, he was killed by a stingray barb that pierced through his chest while he was filming a new documentary entitled "The Ocean Deadliest". Sadly, he left behind his American-born wife Terri, and their two children, Bindi Sue, born 1998, and Robert (Bob), born December 2003.

Indeed is a great lost to Australia, even Australia Prime Minister John Howard said he was "shocked and distressed at Steve Irwin's sudden, untimely and freakish death,""It's a huge loss to Australia.".


So here is a tribute to one of the greatest man, to help make people more aware and to love the wildlife.

-----
Honestly this is bugging me, sometime I tend to question, why is God so unfair? I know everything happen for a purpose, but from where we are right now, from earth, it seems that there is so many things happening around that seems so unfair, that seems like God is letting all this sad and depressing things happen. Like for Steve, he spent his whole life living with animals and loving, taking care, and preserving them, but ironicly, he have to die this way, killed by something he love so much. Actually alot of things that is happening in my life that seems so unfair, and there are some things that I still couldn't understand why it happened, even after so so many years, and once in awhile I still question God even though I know I really should not and to trust him. But again, I'm human, and we're all still humans..there is a certain limit to how much we can wait or be patient...or how much we can actually trust someone else....

Don't get me wrong, I believe God is real, and I dare NOT doubt his existence and power. But sometimes, I really wonder where is He??... as I've not felt Him for a long, long time...and as though I'm left all alone right now in this dark place, and also as though He has forsaken me...

0 Comments :

Post a Comment

<< Home