Sunday, September 10, 2006

Time passes by....way too fast!

I love Fridays! For me, Friday is probably the best day of the week, because you know the next day is a holiday, you can stay up late tonight, and you don't have to stress about test or assignments or homework for the next day. The thing is, I just realise on Friday how fast each Friday is passing by. I came home after mamak at about 12 something, and my mom was litening to a chinese radio programme in the living room...


Me: What is it you are listening too? Why I everynight also hear you listening to this same talk show, is it those story-telling drama thing?

Mom: No la, is this quite famous guy called "Chan Fong" (or something like that), and anyone can call him up to ask him for advice on relationships, and he will talk about it...

Me: Owh...

Mom: Anyway where got everynight, this programme is only held once a week on Friday night after midnight...


And this is when it hits me. This radio programme is only held once a week, but so many times already when I come home at night I always hear her listening to it, and I didn't realise that it is only on Fridays when I do hear it, it always seems like she was listening to it, just yesterday!!

Is really terrifying thinking on how fast time actually passes. It seems like just a few days ago I was entering primary school. Then it seems like it was just yesterday I entered Sunway College and was trying to meet new people, and now I'm already worrying for my finals, which is in the last week of October, soon it will be over, as if it is tomorrow, and then year end YF camp which I am so longging for will finally come, and pass as though I was only in camp for an hour, follow by Christmas, carolling, New Year, Chinese New Year and so on. Next thing I know, I'll be bed ridden and preparing to die of old age or any other type of sickness (that's IF I don't get killed before that). Then, what's next after that? Even though I believe I'll be with God after I die and be with Him for eternity, but I really can't help thinking, how would it be like when I finally breathe my last, and after that what will happened. What will I see? What will I hear? What will I feel? Can I still think of anything? What will happened to me? Do I float up from my dead body and I would be able to see my earthly-self while I walk towards God? So many questions, but all impossible to answer. Honestly I'm so afraid, so afraid, and the more I think, it seems like this day will come very very soon, before I know it, and this is simply because time passes by me so fast!!

I know one day when I'm older, I'll look back and regret for all the times I had wasted, for all the times that I just let it pass by like that while I could make use of it to do something, even something small, is good enough. By then I also bet I wish I could have the remote control like in the movie "Click". One thing I noticed, the older I become, I tend to start wishing that time will pass slower, because only when I'm older I get to see all the beautiful things in life, and savour every moment of it. I noticed I recently start to come to love things which I dislike when I was much younger. I start to enjoy slow music, I came to love Jazz music, I start enjoying old sentimental music, I start enjoying classical piano pieces, and one of the most surprising thing, I really really enjoy Musicals and plays now. If there wasn't any expectation by people around me, I would really want to stop studying and go out and enjoy every second I have left. 18 years, 1 month and 25 days of my life has already past, and all this time I've been bound down by something I dislike doing most, studying is not for me, I'm only doing it for the sake of it, not for myself.

What would I be in 10, 20, 30, 40, 50 years time from now? Well, I don't have to really think too hard or worry too much, as I will find out very very shortly...

-----
Henry tagged me...
Something memorable?? every year..

Remember more stuff and updated on 12/9

When I was born,
Obviously don't remember anything, mom said I went to U.S. when I'm 4 months old.

When I was 1,
Crawling, crying, sleeping...

When I was 2,
Crawling, crying, sleeping...

When I was 3,
FINALLY started talking, parents thought I was unable to talk before this, was actually sent for check up. After that I couldn't stop talking...

When I was 4,
Can't remember/know anything..


When I was 5,
Parents throw my first and last birthday party for me. Don't know why, but it seems when everyone was singging "Happy Birthday" song for me, I became extremely hysterical and cried so terribly that everyone thought I got possessed...

When I was 6,
Can't remember/know anything..

When I was 7 (standard 1),
First day of primiary school. Remember really hating the idea of being enrolled in a chinese school.

When I was 8 (standard 2),
Became extremely good in the chinese language until I didn't need to study for any exams and still scored 100%!
Went to Australia, Gold Coast..

When I was 9 (standard 3),
Became naughty, lazy to do homework. Teacher call mom, mom made me kneel infront of the Bhudha thingie for 5 hours, not before getting canned very very badly.
Later that year, mom brought me to Sunday school, SSGC. First person I met is Timothy Moh.
Went to Australia, Melbourne.. Sovereign farm is the most memorable place.


When I was 10 (standard 4),
Don't really remember anything..
Remember I hated science alot..
Went to China, Beijing...remembered how much I hated the holiday, all we do is visit temples!

When I was 11 (standard 5),
My Chinese suddenly become very terrible, had a hard time coping, always failing for Kajian Tempatan...and started hatting my primary school life.
This was the year where I got my first spectacles..
Went to London for a month, first holiday I really enjoyed...
This is also the year Proton launch Satria GTi, first time I saw it in the showroom I fall in love with it immediately, remebering saying to myself that I'll be determined to own it one day in the future!! =) (It was quite expensive then when it first launched)

When I was 12 (standard 6),
UPSR, I remembered I failed my chinese for UPSR trials, amazingly got A for chinese essay and D for chinese objective in UPSR.
Went to China again..forgot where though..

When I was 13 (form 1),
Form 1, entered 1 Keruing, was so competitive, study extremely hard to try my best to get first in class...
First person I met in secondary school is Leon Dass..
Went to China again...forget where again...

When I was 14 (form 2),
Probably the best year in secondary, no major exams. Still remember the time Benjamin, Chin Loong, Aqmil and I skip school and come to my house ......
And also remember the fun in the block F classroom next to the girls toilet.
This year is also probably the first time I really liked a girl..
Went to Australia, Perth...beautiful place...

When I was 15 (form 3),
PMR, practically memorized the WHOLE science reference book.
Move to Kempas. Insanely crazy class, with Henry, Wan Zulazmi, Benjamin Yue, Gayle, Xian Mei, Wern Eik, Jushen, kesian all the replacement teacher who entered the class. Remember had loads of fun with Wan Zul's and my camera. Remember the girls can laugh for as long as 2 period without stopping (Xian Mei) or laughing till they drop onto the floor.
Had the BEST teacher ever, Miss Liew, my science tuition teacher! Can NEVER forget her, I hope she's still well..
Went to China, Shanghai. The only time I went to China and didn't really feel bored.

When I was 16 (form 4),
Took this year as a honey moon year, slept almost everyday in class, not handing up ANY homework...don't even have any exercise book allocated for Math!!worst mistake ever!
Went to New Zealand. The BEST holiday ever. Unbelievably beautiful scenery. Everyone should go there at least once in their life time!!

When I was 17 (form 5),
Horrible year, do not want to remember anything about it, not only because of SPM.
But other then all the depressing things that happened, is the year that I'll miss school most, 5 Keruing, class full of crazy people like Kwok liang, Nian King, Shaun (my sleeping in class partner, always sleep in the first row right infront of teacher), Ben Tay, Andrew, Han Ken, always doing mischieve and ponteng-ing class (especially Kwok Liang n King).
For once never go overseas for holiday, begged my mom for it as a "SPM present"..

And now, 18,
Hating every single day of my college life...
Planning to start/expand my freelance CCTV business to a proper full time business...
Got my dream car...a Satria GTi...
Enjoy watching musicals and plays...
Enjoy John Mayer, Michael Buble, Norah Jones, Snow Patrol, Yanni, Jack Johnson...


Edit:
I tag:

WaiYee
BenLee
AdelineTan
BenYue
EugeneMak
YeeMeng
VernChui
Markuzzz
BryanLim

1 Comments :

At 2:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'd wish i every year oso can go overseas! so lucky..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home