Monday, September 11, 2006

Help me decide...

Now everyone who know me know how "well" taken care of my O2 Mini is. Don't get me wrong, I love this phone and I really appreciate it, just that, it has been sort of overused. So after serving me faithfully for two years, it's time to move on... planning to sell it a.s.a.p. and to get a new Pocket PC phone. (those who are interested with my O2 mini, I'm selling it for only RM600 (full box + 128MB SD card). If you can bear with it's outlook, then the phone is still good, much faster then alot of new PDA in the market now, like the Dopod 818, but my "End" button on the phone is spoiled. But I never use it actually, can just press directly on screen.)

Edit: OR selling it for RM900 with brand new original cover (cover alone cost RM326).. other people in Lowyat forum selling second hand O2 mini between RM1100-RM1300, and never change new cover.

Anyway here are some pics of my HP..










-----
So anyway, people, please help me choose which phone should I get..here are the candidates (kindly leave your comments!):

Candidate #1

O2 Atom Exec, the newest PDA phone by O2, fastest processor currently for a PDA phone, and look really good too! Is a big leap from the O2 mini.. click on the pic to see full specs..

Candidate #2


Dopod 838Pro, the new updated version of Dopod 838, now sport full 3G funtion (O2 Atom Exec is not 3G), with faster processor (although still slower then O2 Atom Exec) and with built in slide out full Qwerty keyboard!! But is much larger then the O2. Click on the pic to see full specs..

Candidate #3


Dopod 900, one of the best Pocket PC phone in the market money can buy, it has full VGA touch screen, same super fast processor as the O2 Atom Exec, and every connectivity option on earth. Of course it also sport 3G, but the drawback, it is huge!! Almost considered Sub-notebook. Click on pic to view full spec..

Candidate #4

Dopod S300. Actually I doubt I'll get this, even though it looks really good, and I always wanted a clamshell phone. Features is rather disappointing, even though it has the new Windows Mobile 5.0, but it is a smart-phone version, means ALOT of software can't support on this phone. Is just as good as Sony Ericsson 810i since it has Windows Media Player installed..and worst of all, NO Wi-Fi built in!! What a sin for a smartphone..

Candidate #5

Sony Ericsson M600i, even though is not a Pocket PC phone, but it's features is impressive enough. And it is really thin!! But again, it's biggest sin is it has no Wi-Fi built in, but forgivable..

Candidate #6

Sony Ericsson W950i, due to launch next month. With 4Gb of built in memory, it is out to try to steal some of Ipod's customer. Selling as a Walk-man phone, it sure looks good, and especially the 2.6" touch-screen (YES I said TOUCH SCREEN) on a candy bar hand phone. It is also a 3G phone, with the new Opera 8.0 internet browser built in, but again, no Wi-Fi. This would be a really fun phone to get, question is should I wait, and the lack of PIM and Pocket PC type function is not really good news to me..more like a downgrade from my O2 mini.

Candidate #7

Nokia E61, this is a smart phone, running on Nokia's Symbian OS 9.1. It is more like a blackberry phone with good push-mail functions, built in Wi-Fi and a beautiful screen, although is not touch screen.

0 Comments :

Post a Comment

<< Home