Saturday, February 03, 2007

AYA Festival, featuring SONICFLOOd


AYA Festival, 2nd - 3rd February at Bukil Jalil Indoor Stadium. Featuring SONICFLOOd and Altered Frequency

Yes, for those who don't know, there is AYA festival again this year from 2nd to 3rd February. For those who went to last year's AYA festival, they only have it for one day and they featured Delirious! Last year's one was amazing, it was simply one of the best concert I've been to in Malaysia. From the sound quality, to the lightings to the music, it was simply AMAZING! But that was last year, and last year they featured Delirious.

So, since this is their second year, of course they have to improve from last year. So they made it bigger, and better, and they called...SONICFLOOd all the way from USA!! This time they're having it for 2 days, 2nd and 3rd February, and there's a conference starting from 9a.m. tomorrow (3rd February). I'm lucky enough to be able to go tonight.

SONICFLOOd as expected, is very very good! They're music is good, they're lyrics is nice, and the musician is, well, what you expect from a US band, amazing! I thoroughly enjoyed myself, both the music and the chance to make use of my camera! But sadly, they're sound engineer isn't as good compared to Delirious, didn't really like how they do their live mixing. BUT, don't get me wrong, is still good. For me, this is the second best concert I've been too after Delirious. Forget Planet Shakers or even Hillsongs, go and listen to SONICFLOOd, they're differently...good!

So for those who haven't go yet and reading this before 6.00p.m., Saturday, 3rd February. You still have time to start making your way down to Bukit Jalil indoor stadium! Doors open at 6.30p.m. and will start at around 7.00p.m.. Ticket is RM30, and it is WORTH IT!

-----


48 channel of Allen & Health goodness. For those more geeky people, this is the Allen & Health ML3000 with 48+2 channel frame (Yes I counted), with 15 busses to play with with 8 VCA group. This is one huge arse live mixer!


Camera crew from ACTS Church. All their video equipments belongs to them, looks like they have a video/TV ministry in their Church call "ACTS TV", so rich! But they're much more professional compared to last year's video crew, which is from outside rental company.


Opening act, worship team from ACTS Church called ACTSTREAM. Hate to admit it but they're good. First song performed by them is "The Time Has Come" by Hillsong United, United we Stand album, they sound almost as good as Hillsong! Amazing!




Next up we have Altered Frequency, they performed songs from their new album. Sad to say they're disappointing, too rock-ish already, sounds very messy. But I still like them nonetheless.






Next we have Mia Palencia, a new local christian artist. Her version of the Sunday School song "Jesus Love me This I Know" is very very good!




And finally, we have SONICFLOOd!!!




















Believe it or not, he has some chronic sickness which is slowly taking his life away. And he can still stand infront of so many people to Praise and Worship the Lord!! Such great love for God..






Yes, that IS a Apple Mac Book Pro. Hooked up to his Keyboard, probably to have about a million more effects and sounds plugin?!











































-----
If you complain all the pictures look the same, yes I may agree, but I like each one of them. May look the same but I like the different colors and effect from the fog machine and moving heads in each picture.

As usual, please leave your comments, hopefully constructive comments. If you love it, let me know!; but if you hate it, well, if nothing nice to say, don't say la, unless you really hate me. But I really appreciate constructive criticism, and tips to help me improve! Anyway I'm just a noobbie.. =)

-----
God has been very gracious to me this whole week, and the last. Never before have I felt His presence this strong and this close to my heart. All the while He is right beside me, giving me strength to help me go on, keep on encouraging me and help me look at the brighter sides of things. No doubt God is awesome, and I learn from all this that only God is my backbone, only God can help me through ANY adversities in life! He is too real to be denied!

Anyway someone asked me: "So you really do love her don't you?"
My answer: "Of course I do, I love her with all my heart!!; and I say this without a single doubt."

0 Comments :

Post a Comment

<< Home