Tuesday, October 30, 2007

A walk through memory lane..

Lately I've been posting nothing else but geek posts. After receiving numerous complains, I decide to pause my geek post, for one post only that is.

A walk through memory lane, my memory lane that is. I'm writing this post in response to Tiffany's most reason post, which is a (very very old) picture of me.


Yes, that's me at my very first SSGC Youth camp back in the year 2001! That's 6+1 years ago! Looking at this picture, honestly, I feel more frighten than anything else. It seems like it was just yesterday that I used to be this boy in the picture - Running, with a 500ml bottle of 100 plus on my right hand; which is still my favourite drink until now. And looking at who I am today, I'm shocked and amazed how time flies. Where did the past 6 years went too? What happened to those days where I only worry about waking up the next morning so I won't be late for school? What happened to the days when all I need to worry about is doing well for my exams? What happened to the days when I didn't have so much pressure to be someone, to be successful, to achieve something. What happened to the days when I don't have to think 10, 20, 30, or even 50 years down the road?? What happened to the days when I could genuinely smile and be happy??...


Here are a few pictures of me from year 2003 (can't find any picture of me in year 2002), to the most recent picture of myself I could find, which is taken at Cameron Highland's on the 21st of January 2007.

2003

A picture of me with Melissa and Catherine back in 26th November 2003. Taken at HCC Cameron Highlands, year end YF camp.


2004

A picture of me with..quite alot of people. At the peak of Mount Berembun. Taken somewhere in Nov/Dec 2004 at our year end YF camp.


A picture of me with fatz..eh no..I meant WaiYee. Taken during the same camp as the above picture.


A picture of me with mommy in New Zealand. Taken on the 29th of October 2004.


A priceless picture of me in white. Standing on the steepest road in the world in some city in New Zealand.


2005

Here's a picture of my with Melissa. This was taken at LOST YF camp, on the 12th of December 2005.


2006

Who Am I YF Camp picture. This is taken on the 8th of December 2006. I'm sitting on the floor on the right side.


Picture of me with Yee Meng and Eugene at 2006 New Year's eve dinner.


2007

The most recent picture of myself, even though it is 10 months ago. But this is all I could find. This was taken at Cameron Highlands on the 21st of January 2007.


Looking at all this pictures just make me realise that life is actually very very short. Think about it, before you know it, it will be time for camp, then Christmas, then new year. For this year RBS students, before you realise it, you'll be leaving for RBS and you'll be back before you know it. Time flies amazingly fast, so fast that I'm really really afraid of it. Before I know it, I'll be breathing my last breathe. It could be 70 years from now, or it could be tomorrow. Who knows? Maybe I'll get involved in a fatal car accident. Or get run over by a car while corssing the road - the point is, no one will know when he or she will leave this earth, hence, life is very very short!

This year has been especially fast for me. Mainly because I'm trying to occupy as much of time as possible by working, and also, I'm trying to run away from something, or someone. Time seems to past very slowly, but at the same time seem to past way too fast, can't decide which is more evident, but I think the fact that Christmas is just around the corner - with malls starting to put up Christmas decoration, speaks for itself. Think back abit, didn't it feels like it was just a few days ago when all of us exchanged Christmas gifts in SSGC? Or when all of us went to Cineleisure, 1 Utama and Palace of the Golden Horses to sing of God's word!?

Right now, I'm typing this while listening to Christmas songs. Before we know it...it'll be time for Christmas.

Sometimes..I really wish time would slow down..just for a few moments. Just so I can appreciate the last second that just past. Or how nice, if only, IF only someone could invent a time machine, I would give everthing I have to go back in time, and just stay in that time for eternity; That time when everything seem to fall into place, when..when everything is...perfect.

1 Comments :

At 11:11 PM, Blogger yeemeng said...

i can't believe it's 12 months ago either!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home