Thursday, October 04, 2007

iHave iTouch = iHappy (temporary..but good enough)

The story..

I remember, it was a Tuesday morning (actually that's only 2 days ago). I was awaken by a phone call, at 8.34a.m.!! The first thing that came through my mind was something like this:
#@$@#%@%@#&^*&#!%$&*!@@!%*$!@#$^#@#@^#%^&@#$$##

In a half asleep state, I search around for my handphone with my eye close, when I got hold of it, I took a peak and it was "Dad"!!

Straight away, what came into my mind was this:


For those who don't know, or didn't read my last few post, I actually asked my dad to ask his friend to help me buy an iPod Classic 160GB when he returned from Hong Kong, the price for it there is only about RM1.2k+, while it is RM1499 here in Malaysia. And my dad's friend is schedule to reach KL on Tuesday...

So back to the story. I sat up straight and answered the call:


Dad: Wah, did I woke you up? Or are you awake already?

Me: Yeah yeah..awake already.

Dad: Ok anyway I'm calling about your iPod Classic. Joseph (my dad's friend) is back in KL already......

Me: *Interrupts* Wah so fast? Ok ok *getting excited and hyped up already*..what time you free today? Can meet up to pass it to me??

Dad: Errr..actually what I wanted to say is that the iPod Classic 160GB is sold out in Hong Kong. They're only taking pre-orders at the moment. My other friend will be going there and will be coming back in 2 or 3 weeks..so..I call someone else there to book for you first ok?

Me: ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH....*#@$@*(#^$*(&#^$&@%@#%&!@)*)$^*@#@%^#%$@*&$%#@$^$#$^%@#^@%@^$&^&#....*

Me: Sigh..like that never mind la..I'll just get it locally only la. Wake me up so early for nothing..blahh..

Dad: HAHAHA..eh..I thought you say you're awake already?

Me: Nvm..thanks..bye..


Wah..I tell you..at that moment my heart went like: "Doosh.."..like the sound you get when something big droped into the ocean..those kind of sound. I was actually very excited and looking forward to getting it, but, as usual, things like this always happened to me.

So, feeling quite down that morning, when mom asked me whether I want to go to Midvalley to check out the new "Gardens", I just agreed cause was not in the mood to argue with her. So when I was there, I decided to check out "Machines" in Midvalley, hoping to get hold of a demo unit to play around with it but wasn't planning to buy it yet as I can get it from my supplier for only RM1335.

The minute I entered "Machines", I spotted it!! 1 and a half rows full of iPod Touch!!

Omg omg omg. I was acting like a little kid that is deprived of sweets, and seeing a whole mountain of sweets right infront of him! I straight away asked one of the "Apple Genius" when did their stocks arrived, and he told me yesterday evening!! WOW..next thing I ask was do they have a demo unit??

And after that things sort of happened too quickly and I couldn't remembered much. Only remembered that I literally emptied out my whole wallet..and just nice I had enough for the 8GB Ipod Touch, and RM3 left for parking and toll. I knew I could save at least RM100 or more IF I could wait and get it from my supplier..but...

HOW LA CAN A GADGET FREAK WAIT FOR SOMETHING LIKE THIS??
Next thing I know..I'm at home with..




The long awaited and my FIRST iPod - iPod Touch. On my desk!

Funny thing is, from the moment I read about the launch of this new iPod, I was trying so hard to convinced myself that iPod Touch is a ABSOLUTE WASTE OF MONEY because for almost the same price, I could get at least 20x more memory space AND I can use the iPod Classic as a external hard-disk, while I'll only get a MP3 player with a bigger screen and 20x less memory with the iPod Touch. So I was promising myself that I WILL NOT buy an iPod Touch. Infact I was so sure that I don't want one anymore, that I even ask my dad to confirmed a unit of the iPod Classic from Hong Kong for me!

But somehow, by coincidence I guess, Hong Kong was out of stock for the iPod Classic. My dad called on the same day I decided to go MidValley after not going there for months, and also one day after iPod Touch arrived in our shores. And also stupid me go ask to play with their demo unit, after seeing that it is only 1/3 the thickness of the Classic 160GB..I'm sold.

See..temptation is a DANGEROUS thing!!
(Like sex, smoking, and gambling!! These are really BAD temptations!! If you don't know your limit..don't mess around with it!!)

But like most temptation..I'm loving and enjoying mine right now...HEHEHE.
*MY temptation here is only an iPod Touch ok. Don't say I'm contradicting or whatever nonsense!!*

BUT I'm SO NOT ENJOYING ITUNES RIGHT NOW. IS SERIOUSLY THE WORLD'S MOST STUPIDEST AND MOST UNFRIENDLY AND MOST IDIOTIC MUSIC SOFTWARE...EVER!!!!!!!!!
Will go into detail on that on the next post..

Next..will update more on iPod Touch features!! So check back tomorrow night/early morning for the GEEK update!!!

0 Comments :

Post a Comment

<< Home