Saturday, September 15, 2007

The new "barber"

First up, geek update..


iPod Nano


iPod Classic


iPod Touch

Are these DE ultimate iPod everyone has been waiting for? I don't know about you, but the iPod touch is certainly something I've been waiting for since the firs iPod photo was reviewed to the world. I've been holding myself back all these years and refrain myself from buying an iPod because I know that sooner or later, Apple will come up with something like the iPod touch...and I'm right...and it's beautiful!

Here is some geek talk.


iPod Nano

The new iPod nano comes in 4GB and 8GB variations. It's shorter, wider and thinner than it's predecessor. And the best thing about this new and revamped nano, is that it now sports a 2-inch, 320x240 color screen with LED backlight to push our human eyes to the limit - watching movies on it's miserable small screen. Claimed battery life is up to 24 hours for music playback, and up to 5 hours for video playback, of course this is only for people who will leave their player alone and don't keep changing tracks only after 30 seconds into every song. Anyway this little gems are already out and selling in Malaysia, and the price for this is RM619 for the 4GB version, which only comes in silver color; and RM829 for the 8GB version, which comes in silver, green, blue and black.



iPod Classic

Next up we have the iPod Classic, and it now comes in 80GB or 160GB variations. Like the name suggest, it is still iPod Classic, not much notable difference (externally) here just that it is sleeker and they bumped up the memory. But something worth mentioning, Apple has enhanced the iPod user interface and it seems much more cooler now, and they also added the funky cover flow interface, so you can (almost-literally) "flip" your album and search for what you want.


iPod Classic, Cover Flow.

The selling price for iPod Classic is (surprisingly) cheap. Suggested price for the 80GB version is only RM1099, while the 160GB version is going at RM1499. This is actually very cheap when you compare it to the last generation iPod Video, where the 80GB one is already RM1599. For those who are interested to get this, I highly recommend paying the extra RM400 for the 160GB version. This is seriously the thinnest and sexiest 160GB external hard-disk you can find so far.


iPod Touch - the ultimate iPod?

And finally, we have the brand new iPod, the iPod Touch. Is this what I've been waiting for all this while? The ultimate MP3 player to boil my geek blood? Honestly, I don't think so. From my point of view it's just a iPhone without the GSM phone functions in it. It has the same beautiful 3.5" 480x320 wide-screen; the same multi-touch display where you can pinch your pictures to zoom in and out; and also the same interface as the iPhone; and also Wi-Fi, Safari internet browser and also YouTube support at your disposal. The biggest drawback about all this is it's memory, it only comes in (a VERY VERY pathetic) 8GB and 16GB variations. I think they were too concentrated on making this iPod (very) thin, rather than usable or practical. It's not cheap either, selling price for the 8GB version is USD $299 while the 16GB version is USD $399. The selling price for iPod touch in Malaysia won't be announced until next month, but I got a feeling the 16GB version will set you back at least RM1599. But then again, I wonder could I even help myself from buying this even though I know it's absolutely not worth it, compared to the iPod Classic 160GB which I can also use as a handy external hard-disk, with 160GB to my disposal.

Damned, stupid Apple with their stupid clad-in-white products which is really tempting me to spend my hard-earned money on unpractical things which I probably won't use all the time. Shall see how when I finally get a chance to touch, the touch!

-----
The new line of "barbers"..

For those who don't know, the company I'm working for also has a magazine devision publishing fashion lifestyle magazine once a month around KL area. So, this week I got pulled along to see 2 new hair salon that has just recently open and they're interested to advertise in our magazine.

Now I'm not really a salon person, and I don't really see much of it around my area, what's more enter to one. So I don't know is this a new "normal" trend or not, but I'm amazed how these new Salons are like. What happened to those good ol' barber with that authentic look?



After all, it's all the same (right?), just go in to get your hair cut. But these Salons really bring the hair-cutting business up a notch.

This is "Inn Hair Salon", the first salon we visitted.


When I first walk in to this one, I was like.."whoah!!". I know I know I might sound like a jakun, but seriously, how many salon's do you see having chandelier?? And it looks so different from the normal barber shop I'm used to seeing outside my house there.


The cement block "table", the cement floor, the "floating" mirrors that is lighted up from behind, everything looks so cool and modern. Certainly something new for me.


Next up, we went to "Lilac Salon".



My goodness man, just when I thought the Inn Hair Salon was already something else, this is really really something else! I'll let the picture do the talking..


The area where people get their hair cut. Actually give you a proper sofa to seat on!








They even zheng the toilet..


Even their instrument/equipment cart..it's so..class!

Man..time has certainly changed man. Nowadays everything is getting either very very big (like huge shopping malls and retail outlets); or it must be really different than the rest. Looks like the word for all the newer business nowadays is "modernisation" and "(VERY) expensive".

-----
I really hope God can give me a reason to live..soon! It's really getting (very VERY) hard to continue living when you're living in a absolutely meaningless life.
I just need a reason..any reason at all to live will be good enough.
Or at least a sign that You are still there? That it would eventually (hopefully) be worth it, to be patient.
I just hope and pray things will eventually get better. Especially my life, I'm really desperate to get out of my shoes. I would trade shoes with anyone on earth right now, without any hesitation. Better still if I could trade shoes with the dead, or the mentally retarded. At least they don't have to think about anything, don't have to worry about anything, and most importantly, don't have to remember or think about any painful experiences and hurts.


Sad to say this, but sometimes, or actually most of the time, I actually envy that mentally ill guy that is always coming around our Church and the field...

0 Comments :

Post a Comment

<< Home