Sunday, August 19, 2007

The BIG headache I'm glad to have.

Remember the BIG project I said that is currently going on my last, last, last, last post?

Well, today I finally have the chance to view the proper project site, and the first thought that ran through my mind when I saw this was:


"Toooooooooooooooooooooooooot!"

At first glance the building in the picture doesn't look that big. But compare to the tallest structure behind, and the structure at the centre right. The centre right structure is already a 2 story ware-house type office building, check out the comparison! The tall structure behind will be a 34 meter (roughly 11 story high)!

Before this I was working and planning it only through architectural designs and drawings. Which is NOTHING compared to seeing it in real life. Sure, on paper I know the building will be up to 34 meters high, and will be about 2 city block wide, but seeing it in real life infront of me is, "toooooot"

I don't want to go into details cause I'm not sure am I even allowed to put this picture on my blog as there are many P&C grey areas about the site. But my involvement in this is to install CCTV for them (and actually a few more things, but haven't confirmed yet), will be doing it in 2 or 3 phases. But 1st phase alone there will be as much as 30 cameras. Doesn't sound like much, but it is much when you have to consider that the cameras will be about 10 stories above, that you need to pull FEW kilometers of cabling, and the only way we can access it is nothing less than cranes! BIG headache. But it sure is a good one to have, and I'm lucky enough to superwise this project. Really want it to be nothing less than perfect for my client.

-----
Another update,

This time is geek post. Bought a new toy. A new speaker. Actually is a travelling size speaker, for, well, travelling! At the same time I'm also using it as a bed-side speaker, lazy to stick earphone into my ear when I'm sleeping.


SonicGear Uforia 2 Travelling edition. "Micro Hi-Fi class speakers"

I got not much to say about this speaker, as it is small. But for RM150, it sure is a very affordable mini speakers for travelling. Finally don't have to really sacrifice sound quality for size. Overall is good considering it's size, so I can't really complain much about it. Satisfied!

-----
Expensive mamak!


Ok this is actually a finished plate of Rosemary beef ordered in Williams. I think this is one of the MOST expensive meal I've seen or even heard off from a place like this. RM30 for this plate..ouch!

0 Comments :

Post a Comment

<< Home