Monday, August 27, 2007

Geek post

I'm a geek. I get simple joy/happiness (but not happYness though) through little simple things, or more specifically, "little" gadgets ;p.

For those who know me well enough, I'm the type of person who will never spend money on things like shoes, clothes, jeans, sun-glasses, or actually, any fashion accessories. I only have 1 shoe and 1 slipper, and I will only change it if it becomes un-wearable anymore. I also don't have much things to wear, open up my closet and you'll see only a few measly T-shirt, shirt and short pants. Wait, infact I only have less then 5 short pants, and only 2 jeans! Haha. Basically, I've no fashion sense, or I don't really care that much. For me, spending RM300+ on a jeans, or RM800+ on a sun-glass would be like "OH-MY-GOSH-WHAT-THE-HELL-SO-FRIGGIN-EXPENSIVE!!!!".

But I don't mind spending money on gadgets! I'm totally a gadget head! I don't mind spending RM1k on a torch light, RM3k on a handphone, RM10k on a sound system and so on, infact I prefer to spend on all these instead of anything else. I myself also don't understand why, but probably is because of all this daily changing gadget which make me enjoy my job so much. And this is the plus point that I'm in this IT hardware business, I get to purchase the newest gadgets for the cheapest price!, but not such a plus point for my bank account though.


Anyway I've been planning to change my router for quite some time already. Currently using a D-Link DSL-G604T.

It's a OKAY router with build in modem, if you're a mediocre user and if you're not as picky as me. Lately it's been irritating me alot, mainly because it takes forever (actually forever is only around 5 minutes) to connect to my laptop!

Nowadays I take my laptop out from my house so often, when I come home everytime, I've to wait for it to slowly establish a connection with my router all over again! It keeps on scanning for the IP address and only after several minute I can finally get connected!

Sometime it gets even stupid-er, the connection status will show "Limited Connectivity" after it finally finish taking forever to get the IP address. Then I've to restart my router and wait all over again!!

Another thing that always bug me is the stupid D-Link router homepage takes FOREVER to load! To load such a simple setting page from the router itself takes FOREVER! Bloody irritating I tell you. Have to refresh several times before the page will appear. I thought the connection from the router to the PC should be 54Mbps? Stupid!
Then when the settings page does finally load and if you make any changes, you have to restart the whole stupid router to save the new changes, which means I'll have to wait FOREVER again to get it connected to my PC!

It might seem like I'm making a huge fuss over a small issue, but seriously it is very irritating if this happens a few times a day. Time is priceless ok! So, today I finally found the time (or more like remembered) to get a new router when I stopped by Digital Mall.

Ta-dah!

Got myself a nice new Belkin ADSL2+ Modem with Wireless 802.11g Router. First time getting this brand, I think is one of the most expensive brand in the market for routers, a similiar spec router from Aztech is almost RM100 cheaper, but I wanted to try this brand out, want to know what all the fuss is about, why they can charge a premium for their routers and still there are so many stupid people (like me) buying it!, other then the fact the design looks good, oh, and it comes with LIFE-TIME warranty! Now that really gave me confidence on their product!

Flat, rounded, clean and nice. Me like!

Actually I wanted to get the Belkin N1 version which looks seriously darn sexy, glossy black and all with all the status icon on the unit itself, but after seeing the price, I refrained myself. Anyway my laptop only supports up to Wireless G speed, so getting this will be kind of waste of money, can't unleash it's full potential. Bah, what am I thinking anyway, I just remembered Streamyx is "Stream-X", if someone were to be so blur enough now to invent a router with 56Kbps capabilities it would also be more than sufficient most of the time.

Sexiest router around!

But I just found out there is a NEW model from Belkin, the N1 Vision, and omg, did I regret buying my router so soon. If I knew this was coming out I should've wait..

"The N1 Vision wireless router offers an easy way for you to view your network's broadband speed, computer bandwidth usage, and the status of your connected devices - all from an easy-to-read display." Darn!


Ok, I'm straying away. Main thing I want to say is that this Belkin router is GOOD, worth every cent of it. Setting up is a breeze, easiest I've experienced for ANY router. And it is incredibly fast, it connects to my laptop in no more than 5 seconds! Best of all, it already comes with all the ports for Warcraft (if I happened to play), MSN messenger, Ares and etc, don't have to slowly search and enter youself. Oh ya, and this router doesn't reset when you make any changes, excellent! So for those planning to change router or planning to get one, I highly recommend this one! Is goood!


Can't see? Click on it for a bigger view. Creative SSID name yea?

p/s: I'm selling my D-Link DSL G604T modem router. It's in perfect condition and it still looks like new and it's actually working perfectly fine, just that I wasn't too satisfied with it's performance. If you're a mediocre user and if your modem just got struck by lightning, or if you're finding for a spare unit, I'm letting go this one for ONLY RM100! Yes...

~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~

Did you know, that, the opposite of "Paul Frank" is...

"Foll Planky"??

Don't believe me? Check this out..

See! Foll Planky!! Man, nowonder China is taking over the world!


Anyway,
This is ONE fashion accessory I'm planning to get soon, which is a watch! Actually does it consider as a fashion accessory? I think it only counts as a fashion accessory if you have like dozens of it in your drawer. But I only need one practical and good watch to help keep track of my time a LITTLE bit better.

Anyone has any suggestion what to get? At first I'm really interested in getting this..

Sony Ericsson MBW-100 Bluetooth watch
I first saw this in Digital Mall, in one of the handphone shop. Actually I know about this a few months back, I read somewhere that Sony Ericsson and Fossil is going to come out with a bluetooth watch. And now, it's finally out, and it's beautiful, limited edition too! When I saw it, I straight away ask for the price and lucky me, it was within my budget, infact I wanted to get it there and then, I had enough cash with me. Then after I touch it, I knew I must have it. I was about to reach for my wallet to take out my money when the stupid sales guy so kindly tell me SOOO last minute that THIS WATCH ONLY SUPPORTS SONY ERICSON PHONE!! Great...for once...STUPID Nokia N95!

Then I did a little research, and not surprising, Fossil did make another bluetooth watch (this time not associated with S.E.) which can support Nokia phones! Happy me!

Fossil - Bluetooth FX6001

But the problem is, does ANYONE know where I can get this watch in Malaysia? Or does anyone know is there any authorised Fossil watch shop around? Cause I can't seem to find any. If you happened to see one, PLEASE let me know!

~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~

There are many beautiful, sexy, powerful, really nice sounding and perfect cars in the world. When ask what is your ultimate dream car (one you would probably can never own in this life time, hence it's call a dream car!), probably cars that come through your mind would be...


BMW M3 2007


BMW M5 2007



BMW M6 2007


A rare RM2.5 million (or more?) Aston Martin DB9?


Aston Martin DBS?


Ferarri F430


Ferarri F50


A extremely rare (only ONE in the world), USD$ 4 million Ferarri P4/5, also known as Ferarri Pininfarina.


Lamborghini LP640 roadster


Koenigsegg CCX


Bentley Continental GT a.k.a. Bentley Flying Spur


Brabus Rocket CLS. The most powerful Mercedes. Has over 1,000lb per foot of torque, and over 700hp from the V12 engine! (Satria GTi only 112lb per foot of torque!)


Mercedes SLR


There is actually so much more "dream cars", and I don't think I can ever post finish all the cars tonight. But, now let me show you what a DREAM CAR should really be!

Introducing.. Mercedes-Benz Ocean Drive concept! Actually it's not really a concept car already, there are people reviewing this car on the road already. But anyway, just enjoy this car...

Mercedes Ocean Drive convertible




Seriously this car is really really sexy! I don't know how to describe it, but what Top-Gear said is right to the dot, "It's status up front, sex at the back!"

-----

Living without a reason and a purpose is seriously so darn meaningless. And lately I really do not have a reason to be on earth also, is like, I'm here cause I have to be, God placed me here, I've no choice. Makes life so meaningless. The days seem to be passing faster and faster nowadays (I know it cause it is already the end of August), but somehow it still feels as though time never pass at all, like I'm stuck in a time warp, if you know what I mean.

1 Comments :

At 2:49 PM, Blogger debra fong said...

That mercedes looks sooo yummmmmy.
heh.

So sexyyy like....
ME.

hahahahaha=P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home