Sunday, October 07, 2007

iPod Touch review and the ultimate football fan..

"SET FREE" by wong fu productions

Updated a new video at the side,
No. 12) "SET FREE" (The one days HK) by Wong fu productions.

For blog readers who actually READS my blog, then you would remember I featured this video from Wongfuproductions last month. But I forgot to add it to MyVideoVault..so here it is again.
I really like this video. It's very calming and peaceful..


And for those who watched the video already, the song featured in the video is "Streamside" by "The Album leaf".


To be honest, the reason why I featured this video again is because I finally found the song that is featured in this video! I fall in love with it the moment I heard it but I thought that it was self composed because the quality was very bad in the video and most of wongfu shorts feature their own soundtrack.

Anyway, yesterday night I asked Adeline to recommend me a few indie songs to download and one of it was this very song itself. At first I've totally no idea when I was searching for the song, but the moment it download finish and I play it, I instantly know that this is the song from this short video...and..oh my..did it really made my day. Infact, it made my month!! Yes..this song even matters more than getting the iPod itself..haha. Thanks Adeline!!

One of the most calming and peaceful song I've ever heard... =)

-----
iPod Touch..review!



So, I was supposed to give a review on my new little toy about 3 days ago, but I actually couldn't think of anything to review about it, because there are already thousands of websites out there which give very detailed review on it already.

So I shall just write about the things and features that seperates this from all other iPods.

One of the MAIN reason that attracted me to buy this iPod Touch on the spot was it's incredibly THIN size. How thin? Only 8mm to be exact. That's not even a centimeter thick!

As you can see, it is only as thick as 4 of your normal CDs stack together! Compared too the iPod Classic 160GB, this iPod Touch is only 1/3 it's size! So even though it has 10x/20x less memory space than the iPod Touch, I really think this is the best portable iPod. At least it doesn't seem like I have a third leg or a second ______ when I put it in my jeans pocket.

Thickness comparison. Left is iPhone. Middle is iPod Touch. And on the right is 3rd gen iPod, a.k.a. Ben Yue's antique iPod!

Next, for those who doesn't know, iPod Touch is actually a iPhone, without the phone function, thinner, and twice the memory.

When the iPhone first launched, I was almost stupid enough to buy the iPhone ONLY because of the iPod function which it's in the iPhone. Thank God those people who privately import the iPhone slap on a very rediculous price tag on it which is 2 to 3 times more than it's recommended retail price in the US. And luckily, a few months later they came out with this iPod Touch!! Save me alot of money.

So like I said, iPod Touch is actually a iPhone without the phone function. Like the iPhone, it uses the same multi-touch screen, apparently runs a scaled down version of OS X that runs Safari and a YouTube application, uses WiFi, has an accelerometer that allows the display to shift based on physical orientation, and uses the same “SpringBoard” interface to launch its applications.

But there are also some important difference between the two:
- There is no email client on the iPod Touch
- There is no Maps application on the iPod Touch
- There are no Stocks or Weather widgets on the iPod Touch
- There is no built-in camera for the iPod Touch
- There are no Blutooth capabilities for the iPod Touch
- The iPod Touch has a differently styled “Dock,” with a reflective surface — akin to the Dock that will debut with Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard)

- While the iPod Touch is sleeping, the user can tap the home button twice to bring up touch controls on the screen — a feature the iPhone currently lacks
- The iPod Touch has a separate Contacts app — it’s built into the Phone application on the iPhone
- The iPod Touch has separate Video and Music apps, whereas the iPhone has a single “iPod” app that contains these functions
- There is apparently (and obviously) no microphone on the iPod Touch, though it will be interesting to see if such audio-in capabilities could be enabled via a third-party device.
- The iPod touch’s headphone jack is on the bottom of the device
- The iPod touch lacks a built-in external speaker
- The iPod touch’s screen appears to be of a slightly higher quality than the iPhone, with 163 pixels per inch to the iPhone’s 160 pixels per inch.


iPod Touch home screen.


The built in YouTube. Streams directly through WiFi.


Haha. Naruto loaded from YouTube.


Safari web browser with my blog loaded.
The BEST web browser on ANY portable device I've used so far.
Just found out the Safari web browser also supports viewing of quicktime videos on websites, so you can visit Apple Trailer websites and watch trailers directly with the Touch.
*Boo to you Windows pocket PC IE!*



The famous cover flow view.


The "Now playing" screen on the Touch.

Another cool feature I should mention is the on board iTunes Music Store which is accessible through WiFi in the iPod Touch itself.

You can browse, search and listen to 30 second clips of music all on the iPod Touch itself. If only I have an iTunes account, then I can directly purchase any music I want after I listened to it's clip. Don't mind paying $0.99 rather than going through the hassle of searching and downloading the songs I want from Ares. Most of the time it's either fake or worst, virus! Have to always waste time checking for the track time to determine the real file. Tedious!

While using it, I discover that the BEST use for this iPod is actually the Photo viewer. This is a true "iPod Photo", unlike the 4th gen iPod. The size, clarity and resolution of the 3.5" screen makes this the best portable viewer there is in the market! And the pinch-zoom function also works like a gem. Actually enjoy viewing photos on it more than on my monitor!!


That's about all for my review on the iPod Touch. I'm still getting used to it and still playing around with it. Currently trying to find third party hacks and software so I can squeeze out more feature on this aneroxic iPod. Yesterday I managed to run MSN Live and also Bejeweled on it, but it's website based though! So still have to rely on WiFi to access it.

Will update again if I have something worthy to update about this gadget.

-----
Last but certainly not least, I present you with...
The ULTIMATE football - MU fan!!


Scroll down to find out WHO is the ULTIMATE football - MU fan!!...
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|



and later at home he tells me that "I was bored out of my mind...so I want to rest my eyes a little bit.."


Sure..

0 Comments :

Post a Comment

<< Home