Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Updates..pictures..nothing much.

First up, although I know this is a little bit overdue, would just want to wish Henry a very Happy Birthday, he turned 19 years old on the 12th of October. Celebrated his Birthday at Char Chan Teng.


Henry with his free giant "teh ais" at Char Chan Teng.


-----
Pavilion KL

Went to KL last Thursday with Thomas and Wai Yee to search for something. Started off at Lowyat and Sungei Wang and at the end couldn't find what I was looking for, so we decided to pay a visit to the brand new, high-end shopping mall - Pavilion. I actually walked all the way from LowYat to Pavilion!! Which is quite a feat for me. Don't think I ever walked this much just to get something.


Main entrance of Pavilion. Nice. Didn't feel quite comfortable entering at first, looks too expensive.


Expensive..


Expensive..


Expensive..

Ok I know by now you're getting quite annoyed with me saying expensive. But this place is really expensive, everything sold here supposed to be at least 30% more expensive than other places. It's a really high-end shopping mall. Even the fine is expensive, no joke, check this out..


Expensive!!!

SEE!! Told you!! This is really insane man, RM10,000 fine for throwing rubbish there. Man, if this was Digital Mall, most of the tenants will be bankrupt by now as we all just throw our boxes next to the loading escalator. Hehe.

Anyway, the main reason why I (and also Thomas and WaiYee) walked all the way to Pavilion is because I heard there is a new HUGE Apple centre in Pavilion called "epiCentre". If you haven't heard of this company before, they are actually the premium reseller for Apple in Singapore also, and they have a really huge outlet there carrying ALL SORTS of Apple accessories. So I figured if this place don't have the something I'm looking for, then there's no way I can get it anywhere else in Malaysia.

And I was right, they really have what I was looking for!!...


The wall of high-end earphones in "epiCentre". Never seen anything more..beautiful than this!!

"epiCentre" was indeed a geek heaven. Ok so the something I was searching for is high-end earphones. Was looking all over the place for the new Shure "SE" series and also the "Bose" in-ear headphones. The stupid "Pod Station" at LowYat told me that it is not possible to get the new Shure "SE" series earphone in Malaysia yet...yeahh right.."epiCentre" carry ALL of it!!

They really do have almost ALL the high-end earphones you could ever dream of buying..and all under one convenient roof! They carry brands like Bose, Sennheiser, Vmoda and Shure. Best thing is they just don't carry one or 2 models for each brands, they bother to bring in ALL, really spoilt for choice there! I was really shocked to see the "Bose Triport IE" there, as it is really really hard to get in Malaysia. But still, nothing beats seeing the brand new Shure "SE" series earphones hangging there; And really, what a beautiful sight it was.

So after spending about half an hour there testing out the earphones and at the same time "torturing" the really really friendly and fun sales dood, I was more than happy to leave the place with a epiCentre plastic bag on my right hand, even though I know I easily paid 30% or more buying from them at Pavilion. But it really didn't matter to me, the customer service and the wide product range available really made me a truly satisfied customer, leaving the place with one of the widest smile I had in a long long time.




My precious. My new geek toy. My new (temporary) happiness. Shure SE210 in-ear sound isolationg earphones and Shure in-line volume control.

Will write a review on these babies soon. Currently still "testing" it with a variety of music. Check back in a day or two for the geek post of this...

-----
Random pictures..


The jam in KL last Thursday. Which is one day before the first day of Hari Raya. This was about one hour before the breaking of their fast. When I left LowYat at around 7.20p.m., the road became clear! Thank God all the Malays rush home or to a restaurant.


Look closer.


Again, look closer. No-wonder the standard of english in primary and secondary schools are dropping.


Very very bad storm this afternoon. Was on the way back from Cheras when I experienced this. I think this is one of the worst storm this year.

0 Comments :

Post a Comment

<< Home